pawelcichonski

My solution, 28 years old

This is me two years ago:

98980537.jpg

post-129272-1274053712_thumb.jpg

This is me now:

32980845.jpg

post-129272-1274053747_thumb.jpg

I'm 28 now and i have tried everything since I was 18 years old - nothing ever worked. My face was a disaster I was ugly, shy and I couldn't even talk or see anyone. Now I'm clean (still ugly ;) ) but... I'm more confident. After all these years of pain my solution was quite simple - this worked FOR ME:

AVOID this like the plague:

- MILK

- CHEESE

- CHOCOLATE

- CHEWING GUM (I'm quite serious)

- CHIPS/FRIES/CRISPS

- TOMATO KETCHUP

- VERY SPICY FOOD

Things I should eat more often:

- RED APPLES (at least one per day)

I know that there's like tons of discussions about what cream should I use and blablabla. Yes, some of them work... I like for example "skinoren" which was quite helpful from time to time, also Exposed Acne is great. But now I do not need to use them as long I don't eat specific things. After all... you are what you eat. That's it.

post-129272-1274053712_thumb.jpg

post-129272-1274053747_thumb.jpg

Edited by pawelcichonski

Just wondering what do the apples do? Also I have cut all those out of my diet for about two months... Not sure if it's working cause I'm on minocycline too. Seems to be getting better. Why no gum though?

So, what you listed was your ONLY methodology for reducing/fixing/curing your acne? Is it based on research you did, or part of an elimination type diet that showed causal relationships with acne breakouts?

Just curious. I am a 30 yr old male, have same issue. My diet is extremely healthy, but still suffer mild acne in Tzone, and in beard hair.

Just wondering what do the apples do? Also I have cut all those out of my diet for about two months... Not sure if it's working cause I'm on minocycline too. Seems to be getting better. Why no gum though?

specifically: RED apples - they contain pectin to absorb toxins from your body. I thought that the name Chris Gibson was familiar around here. Yes... the guy that wrote a book 'Acne Free in 3 Days'. I do not like titles like that because they sound like "Get Rid of Fat in One Day and all I need is your credic card number" (souding like a hoax)... but there is already loads of information and articles about what's in it... which is in general about eating apples (+ enema or mild laxative) and a story about the author having his acne problem for years. Anyways, lots of people post private videos on youtube about it. Don't want to advertise here anything, I'm a sceptic - I've posted to say how I did things my way and what worked FOR ME. I didn't use Gibson's method (enema ;) ) but the red apples sure worked thanks to him (he is explaining how the apples work).

The gum is a million dollar question, but I've tested it couple of times and im sure now.

Edited by pawelcichonski

So, what you listed was your ONLY methodology for reducing/fixing/curing your acne? Is it based on research you did, or part of an elimination type diet that showed causal relationships with acne breakouts?

Just curious. I am a 30 yr old male, have same issue. My diet is extremely healthy, but still suffer mild acne in Tzone, and in beard hair.

Yep, elimination. The topic is quite difficult because we're so different, and for me to come up and tell others what to do is not quite right. But anyways I also have vitiligo and I was allergic. I used to be allergic when I was a teenager... and couple of years later it just stopped... and I don't know what exactly has happened - I didn't do anything, but today I do not feel the pain when the spring flowers start to bloom.

Was that my ONLY methodology for acne? Hm... I've used Skinoren and Acne Exposed - which are quite good but ... you know... the basic thing for me was to COMPLETELY stop drinking milk and chocolate, without this it wouldn't work at all and then I could write on the Internet to others "this product is BS". There are some things that MAY help You but I think the best way is to experiment with the food in first place.

Oh... and one other thing I almost forgot to the list:

- NO ALCOHOL (whhaaat? Is this dude serious? Sorry not my choice)

Curious thing is that I can drink lots of Coca Cola. Its bad for my teeth i know :) and it is not better than milk ;) but somehow whether I drink it or not it doesn't affect my skin condition.

Edited by pawelcichonski

ok this is private but it shows what I've been through,

this one is a picture of my forhead in 2003:

87754781.jpg

post-129272-1274053530_thumb.jpg

the rest of my face, also around that time

25352292.jpg

post-129272-1274053559_thumb.jpg

and this is me couple of days ago:

43873482.jpg

post-129272-1274053571_thumb.jpg

So now You can imagine how I felt. High school and Uni - supposed to be the best years of my life. I didn't want to see anyone or talk to anyone.

post-129272-1274053530_thumb.jpg

post-129272-1274053559_thumb.jpg

post-129272-1274053571_thumb.jpg

Edited by pawelcichonski

I feel you man. I am 30, same story. I never felt like the others I would see in College, High School, people chillin. I was always (still am) self conscious. Of course, it looks ten times worse to me than it does to others I am sure, but our society doesnt like to look at people without clear skin.

I am allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide, and most stuff is too harsh. Even Salicylic Acid can be to gnarly for me. So I am limited on what I can put on my face. But my diet is really good, but havent seen results yet.

Congrats to you. Your skin looks clear.

aww you're way cute was my first though when i saw the first pic where you had acne.

i think diet change is the most difficult solution to zero in on. i hope that diet isn't the cause of mine because solving it would be a pain in the ass. i don't think it is though. i'm 23 and my younger brother in his 20s also has acne. on my dad's side acne seems to run in the fam till around 25.

do you have siblings or anything that didn't experience acne? i'm always curious how people zero in on the fact that its diet changes. are you guys like, "i've tried everything under the sun let me try diet." even if you eliminated milk you would still get acne from the other products so if it was me i would be like, "well it might not be milk." the whole process sounds like a complete pain in the ass so big props to you.

CHOCOLATE :(

SPICY FOOD :(

you won't have a very adventurous palate with the exclusion of all these delicious foods.

but i'll give it a go. why not.

i just hope people don't start asking me if i'm changing my diet to lose weight. grr.

Are you guys like, "i've tried everything under the sun let me try diet." even if you eliminated milk you would still get acne from the other products so if it was me i would be like, "well it might not be milk." the whole process sounds like a complete pain in the ass so big props to you.

Yep, it's probably like that. Although it doesn't strike you like: "Fabulous secrets were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic..." - I had to try things. I remember someone telling me to stop eating junk food, spicy food, coca cola for a week, while I was eating dairy food, corn flakes and yoghurt EVERY DAY :) In fact I have been drinking milk since my childhood days ALMOST EVERY DAY ;) Didn't work, so I've tried creams and gels (names won't give you any good because at that time I was in Poland), some of them worked but just for a short period of time. Almost 10 years of this horror.

do you have siblings or anything that didn't experience acne?

Yes I do but my (older) brother never had any serious problems with acne. So as with vitiligo, only one choosen person in the family ;) (just like mr. Jackson).

Couple of questions. Has your skin become less oily? Is it all dairy you avoid?

Less oily? Hard to say, I feel my skin is a little bit different and yes, all dairy so anything that is connected with it (yoghurts ect.). But at the same time I eat lots of fish (love tuna), meat, vegetables, fruits and... coca cola ;) . I remember having this problem of feeling sick after eating apples when I was young, but now it's gone. I gave it a try two years ago and since that I'm eating 2-3 apples per day... not because of Gibson's book (which at that time, I didn't even know it existed) but just because I didn't feel sick after eating them anymore. Also at that time I've come up with the milk idea and couple of months later I found on other forum sth. about a book 'Acne Free in 3 Days'.

Eventually I am going to buy Gibson's book because of the list of things to avoid that he presents there, and I want to see it. Do a little research on this guy, I will definitely agree with him because in MY case IT IS all about cleaning from the inside, not on the outside.

Edited by pawelcichonski