Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I take 3 softgels a day of 1000 mg fish oil, which is an omega-3. Should I be taking an omega-6 supplement, like evening primrose oil, to balance it out? I don't know what the proper balance would be. I've heard that an imbalance can promote inflammation, which causes skin cells to clump together and jam pores. I also know that it's more important to take omega-3s because they're anti-inflammatory. So, I don't know if I should be taking evening primrose oil with my fish oil. I don't know if it would benefit me or hurt me. Suggestions?

You probably get plenty of omega 6 in your diet unless you are avoiding grains and oils from grain and products from grain fed animals. But EPO, borage, black currant and others are high in a specific omega 6 that is beneficial. Some people have gotten good results from them.

I just started taking Primrose Oil with Fish Oil, and its really made a difference already. You can also you the Primrose Oil on your face directly....I left it on overnight and my skin isn't as red today and some active spots I had that were huge got a lot smaller...almost healed :)

It wouldn't hurt to add Primrose Oil, but you should also take Vitamin E if you aren't already....I heard it helps the Primrose Oil and Fish Oil break down or something like that....