Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest retired

Quinoderm 5%

Guest T.M.

I've nearly run our of Dans gel and thought I'd look for a replacement as I'm out of work at the minute and Dans gel is a touch pricey for me at this time. I've always liked the thought of being able to nip down to Boots if I ran out. Was thinking about getting Panoxyl gel but can remember not really liking this a long time ago. Saying that it was before I used this regimen and was using it without moisturiser so I'm sure it would have been different this time. Anyway I went with the Quinoderm and have been pleasently surprised. Its a cream so it takes a bit of getting used to but it sinks in easily enough once you get used to it. It doesn't take as long as Dans which takes agood few mimutes for me to sink in. The smell is powerful but I don't mind it to be honest. I've been using BP for over 10 years so I don't know how well this would agree with some who are just starting out as it is 5% but its been fine for me with no dryness at all. I do use a good moisturiser though.

All in all I happy and am pleased I've found an alternative to Dans. I've only been using it a week so may I update my progress in a month or two but alls good at the moment. At under a fiver for 50g it not a bad deal if it works for you.

Edited by T.M.

I've used Quinoderm 5% and also had good results. The only downside i experienced was it turned my skin extremely pink.

Quinoderm facewash, however, i would not recommended. I had good results at first, but then it started breaking me out.

I find this way to strong for my face as above poster said, it also makes my face Pink/Red sore, However on my chest and back acne seems to be fine :)

Guest T.M.

I can fully understand this being to strong. I've been using BP for over 10 years so I'm pretty used to it, I also have quite dark skin. I actually like the slight sting you get :) I've been using this for about 6 weeks now and think I might stick with it.

I found this worked amazingly well - basically cleared everything up in about 3 days

but ended up with really flakey skin - even moisturizer couldn't sort it out and it burns when i put it on

does anyone know if ill become immune to the flakiness or the burning

and whats the best moisturizer to use that i can buy at the supermarket (eg boots)

i have recently ordered Dans regime products but they gonna take a while to arrive but I have this cream that my granny bought me a while ago and am a bit scared to use it incase it makes my skin worse,its mostly on my chin my bad skin. Big red lumps which look horrid and red marks left on my forehead from spots ages ago. after reading these posts i think I mite give it a go

i practically swear by quinoderm!! this is the first BP i bought here in UK..while i ordered Dans products. i started on aug 17 and i had the worse cystic acne esp on my forehead and cheeks... i looked like a monster on the first week because i had flakes all over and basically my face looked like it was sunburnt..and it eased on the second week and i am proud to say i am clear right now...

by the way Dans BP arrived on the 2nd week but i had little pimples when i used it so i went back to quinoderm. i cnt believe it. i ddnt get a breakout, it just went better and better everyday till i got clear. quinoderm is a lil bit harsh and i have the most sensitive skin. but then my skin just got used to it. at night..i slather ....i mean SLATHER myself with the Bnatural rosehip and lavender oil night cream and jojoba oil..and i dont have flakes anymore...as dan said..moisturizing is the key...just moisturize and its all good! =)

Guest T.M.

Been using it for around 4 months now and all is good. I'm gonna go back to using Pears cleansing bars after my stash of Basic run out as I'm trying to stick to a regimen that I can buy on the high street. Think I might stick to the DML moisturiser though as a bottle lasts me for about 9 months!

hi TM!!

just wanna ask...where can i buy the DML moisturizing lotion??? and how much is it? is it available in boots?? thanks. is it also effective in getting the flakes off?i need a lotion that will lost because the bnatural will only last me for 3 weeks and its quite expensive.thanks!

Guest T.M.

Sorry for the late replie. I buy it off ebay, it works out pretty cheap even from the US as the bottle lasts forever and yes it should be good on flakes as its very moisturising.

Guest T.M.

I just started getting the Quinoderm off my doctor last week. I used to get Panoxyl a lot of years ago and thought I'd check on the off chance if I could get Quinoderm. The girl in the doctors at first said its only the 10% you could get but after checking I got the 5% prescribed.

Edited by T.M.