Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gametime

It's game time folks!

Hey, yo everybody whats goin on. New accutane user here. Just popped my first pill a couple minutes ago. I thought I'd come on here and share my experience with y'all. Before I started taking this drug i have read a lot of logs that were very helpful and i thought i might as well do one and the fact that everyone's log seems to have a happy ending.

A little background on myself. I'm 26, currently in the Air Force, been in almost two years, and stationed in Las Vegas. In four months i'm about to serve a year in South Korea and then move on to Germany. Probably goin to take a lot of pictures so I wanna hurry up and get rid of this shit. Had acne all throughout high school and what not but around the age of 23 it got a lot worse. So for the past three years I have been dealing with cystic acne and it has not been fun. Worse frickin three years of my life. Hopefully all of that is about to change. Wish me luck everyone!

I'll get some pics up in a few days.

Edited by gametime

I still shave everyday. I'll skip a day here or there but you can get a waiver if you think you have a good enough excuse to not shave

good luck!!!! i am sure that this stuff will clear you up in no time.. these are magic pills!

btw, i didn't realize you had to shave everyday in the military- how is this enforced?

Whats up everybody. One day in and two pills down.

Missmooshoo - they enforce just like any other rule. Show up to work enough times with some scruff and you are gonna get chewed out by your supervisor. if you are really unlucky they'll write you up some paperwork.

Time-traveler - I just use a regular two bladed bic. Make sure I take my time and go easy. Electric razors take way too long and are way too irritating

Here is a pic from my first day for every bodies viewing pleasure.

post-129253-1274068843_thumb.jpg

Whats up everybody. One day in and two pills down.

Missmooshoo - they enforce just like any other rule. Show up to work enough times with some scruff and you are gonna get chewed out by your supervisor. if you are really unlucky they'll write you up some paperwork.

Time-traveler - I just use a regular two bladed bic. Make sure I take my time and go easy. Electric razors take way too long and are way too irritating

Here is a pic from my first day for every bodies viewing pleasure.

Hey fellow airman ;) I am in the USAF as well and have been in 8 years now. My cousin has been in 9 years and he is stationed out at Nellis as well. I am in Minot, ND i did not get as lucky :( haha.

Well like you i have been battling acne as well except just for the last 2 years and it also has been the worst 2 years of my life as well. My docs here wont give me accutane though because i only get the severity of breakouts on chin and under lip. It suxs hardcore. Shaving everyday sucks haha, they think it may be folliculitus now so getting ready to try bactrim.

Anyway good luck on your course man and your usaf career.

was their ever a time when you refused to shave because of the irratation is was causing and you got in trouble for it?? judging from your photo you only problem areas is the chin and mouth area nothing too severe... accutane should clear you up really good

at most i'd skip a day of shaving here and there and could get away with it but i breakout less if I shave regularly. In my job i get dirty and sweaty a lot, especially with the heat and dirt blowing around all the time here in Vegas and when my facial hair gets a little too long it just traps the dirt and clogs my pores a lot easier and what not.

I'm praying that it clears me up. Was taking doxy and benzaclin last year. seemed to work for a bit but never got me totally clear and then the doxy just stopped working.

DAY 11

Hey everybody thought I'd stop by and give a quick update. Im currently on day 11 of accutane and things seem to be going somewhat smoothly.

Haven't given an update until now because not much had been goin on. The only side effects I have and just started a day or so ago are dry, itchy legs and nose and I think i'm starting to get my IB. I have been eating a lot more sugar lately, don't know if this is the cause. Aquaphor has been awesome. I just put some on before I sleep and it seems to calm down the irritation on my face pretty good.

About two seconds away from calling my derm to see about getting a prescription for steroids to help calm the IB cause after the weekend I broke out with 5 or more new cysts. Luckily I'm about to start a four day weekend so I should be able to get them somewhat under control by the start of next week.

When did everyone's IB seem to start and about how long did it last?

I started pretty much the same day as you did! My IB ( or what I think is my IB ) started second week and is still going on, but my other actives seem to be drying up quite a bit so it is not terrible. Good luck with everything!

Thanks for the well wishes! I can't tell if i'm having my IB. One thing is for sure is that it takes a lot longer for my acne to heal. Definitely the start of my second week I broke out pretty good but I also did the first week and all the weeks before that. Just starting my third week i'll keep you guys and gals posted.

DAY 32

Hey everybody what goin down. Just giving an overdue update here. I'm officially in month 2 and my dosage has been upped to 60mg. Doc told me that's the highest he's going. One 40mg pill on odd days and two on even days.

Skin is looking pretty decent. Most of my old acne has gone away and only a few breakouts here and there but for the most part looking good, just hoping the redness from old breakouts calms down. Any suggestions? Also my scars are starting to bug me. Before it was the acne that was the only thing that was bringin me down, now it's my scars. It's always somethin huh. I'll post a pic when I have more time.

Also I got my overseas assignment put on hold for three months till I finish my course, thank god. Another Doc thought it would be best to take care of this shit stateside now and if I broke out overseas I wouldn't be able to get a good seal on my gas mask. Go figure, never thought of that one. Deuces, i'm out!