Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest frogskinshoelace

Are they flat? Cant really get a sense of perception in those pictures. If they are, you have red marks, go to a derm, its your only option.

Ya, prettty much all of them are flat except a few.

What exactly would a Derm do to remove the red marks, do you know ?

Edited by jason delarosa

Guest frogskinshoelace

Prescribe retin-a, use a chemical peel, or use a laser. Ive had mine (which are way worse than yours) for years, I finally broke down and scheduled an appointment with a derm specializing in laser surgery. Lasers are very expensive but from what I hear can pretty much return skin back to normal. It should only be used in extreme cases like mine. If I were you Id go to my local derm asap. Ive tried every home remedy and over the counter product for this, nothing, and I mean nothing works.

There are lots of threads about home remedies that people have used to successfully help fade post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation on this board. Lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, AHA... Just look around and see if any appeal to you. : )

Guest frogskinshoelace

Dont listen to cest. That is all just false hope.

Excuse me? I've used extra virgin olive oil on my PIH with lots of success. Just because you had a hard time with yours doesn't mean that everybody will. Your experiences are not indicative of everybody's experiences.

Your negativity is really grating. Stop trying to bring people down just because you've had a rough go of it. There are plenty of treatments that might help jason delarosa, and you telling him that nothing is going to work doesn't help at all.

Guest frogskinshoelace

Excuse me? I've used extra virgin olive oil on my PIH with lots of success. Just because you had a hard time with yours doesn't mean that everybody will. Your experiences are not indicative of everybody's experiences.

Your negativity is really grating. Stop trying to bring people down just because you've had a rough go of it. There are plenty of treatments that might help jason delarosa, and you telling him that nothing is going to work doesn't help at all.

rofl you are full of ****. Im trying to help him. He needs professionally help and you are installing false hope in to his mind. Everyones skin type is different. Finding the right home remedy or over the counter product can take years, or you may never find one. Sure you may get lucky and hit the jackpot with virgin olive oil, but chances are slim you will find it quick. I am here to help people not make the same mistake I did. Only a derm will be able to tell what is right for you. Get that help and save yourself years of suffering. TRUST ME!

Edited by frogskinshoelace

You're quite rude, frogskinshoelace.

jason, ALL of the suggestions given in this thread are valid. I'll throw in another suggestion - patience. Hyperpigmentation marks will go away over time unlike scars, but all of the things mentioned by C'est and frogskin can help to speed up the process. Take care, and I'm sorry there's negativity in your thread.

Guest frogskinshoelace

What kind of society are we living in where honesty = rude?

It's not 'honest' to call someone full of ***. That's rude.

Try chemical peel, I just had my first Salicylic Acid Peel two days ago and I have lots of red marks from acne, it's day 3 for me and my face looks like plastic with red marks LOL hopefully the treatment will peel off those red marks away.

Guest frogskinshoelace

But if its true, I am being honest.

Nah, just rude. Have a nice day.

Guest frogskinshoelace

Nah, just rude. Have a nice day.

lmao ok, you win :clap:

Try chemical peel, I just had my first Salicylic Acid Peel two days ago and I have lots of red marks from acne, it's day 3 for me and my face looks like plastic with red marks LOL hopefully the treatment will peel off those red marks away.

I used to get Salicylic Peels every two weeks for about three or four months. Your skin looks red, and then peels for a couple days, but then feels a lot better. I didn't start noticing results until I had about three, but stick with it. They are awesome, and will greatly diminish those red marks depending on how many you get! Good luck! :D