Notifications
Clear all

I just had my first Salicylic Acid Peel (updated regularly)

MemberMember
(@acnehunter)

Posted : 05/15/2010 9:24 pm

1st day of Salicylic Acid Peel Treatment.

So I went to my local anesthetic (Q Esthetics) here in downtown Toronto and had my first S.A peel, I was kind of expecting for them to do a TCA peel on me but they don't do that so I just went for the regular superficial peel which is S.A peel. I didn't ask for the percent of acid they put on my face (stupid me!). It was really a quick procedure unlike from I have read and heard from other patients, it took around less than half an hour procedure, the minute after the Esthetician applied the acid it hurt like hell (felt like burning sensation, and I thought I was kind of used to that pain because I've used 20% Glycolic acid and stopped for a week before the S.A peel) but it was all alright after the Esthetician put some soothing gel on my face. So after the treatment my face became harshly red, like most of the people would say, a bad sunburn with lots of red spots (Acne spots).

The esthetican told me to expect excessive peeling for 2-3 days unlike TCA peel which will take more than a week (and I took a week off, hooray!). She told me to stay indoor, avoid too much sunlight, do my regular facial wash (as long as the cleanser has no acid ingredient, won't irritate my skin as it will damage my skin while it's peeling), moisturizer (again, no acid ingredient) and sunscreen, preferably, spf 30 or more (I have spf 50).

Also, it is best to avoid doing excessive work-outs (I can imagine why) and since its my first night of my chemical peel, it is also best not to wash my face (approx 24hours,. and you can imagine how oily my face is, because of the soothing gel but it's completely normal.)

Lastly, here are the pictures I took after my S.A chemical peel treatment "First day" (warning for those who wants to see these pictures, nightmares and trauma may occur, if such disorder persists, pls consult a psychiatrist, ha-ha-ha )

post-128732-1273976387_thumb.jpg

post-128732-1273976410_thumb.jpg

post-128732-1273976434_thumb.jpg

Did you loss your appetite? hah! tell me about it. So that's it for my first day and I will update you guys for my 2nd day (I might not see much any difference for day 2 but if I see even a slight change I will post some pictures). Later!

post-128732-1273976387_thumb.jpg

post-128732-1273976410_thumb.jpg

post-128732-1273976434_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@blackheadbeast)

Posted : 08/03/2013 5:48 pm

no updates?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 08/03/2013 6:00 pm

It was over 2 years ago- I'm a fan of salicylic acid I use 2% every day and do an occasional 20% peel. I like it much better than BP, and it doesn't bleach clothes.

Blackheadbeast, are you considering trying the peels?

MemberMember
(@blackheadbeast)

Posted : 08/05/2013 12:35 am

It was over 2 years ago- I'm a fan of salicylic acid I use 2% every day and do an occasional 20% peel. I like it much better than BP, and it doesn't bleach clothes.

Blackheadbeast, are you considering trying the peels?

Already am, I also have a log here smile.png

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/331736-salicylic-acid-20-peel-malevideo/