Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnegoaway.

13 Year Old Regimen Help!

Hello I'm a guy and I've had acne since the beginning of grade 6 and now am near the end of grade 7 and its starting to be quite embarrassing. My acne is getting more severe on my forehead and back. While I go outside for lunch and usually go out with my friends my face gets really irritated... what can I use to help this? What products should I use for a everyday routine?

Right now I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub every morning and the three step proactiv routine at nightly. Every week or two I use Mint Julep Mask.

I've done this every since I had acne and it doesn't seem to be working anymore, I'm breaking out more than ever. What should I buy to add or take away from my routine every day? and my sister recently just bought the clinique three step system... is it better than proactiv

Sorry for all the questions and Thank You in advance.

Edited by acnegoaway.

Exfoliating scrubs, such as St. Ives, that contain bits of ground up apricot or peach pits (or anything similar) aren't the greatest for acne-prone skin. The granules in them actually have sharp, jagged edges which can cause micro-tears in your skin, which are not only irritating (and irritation can lead to breakouts), but make an excellent entry point for bacteria.

A better option, if you still want to use a manual exfoliant, would be to find one that has smooth, silica beads in it. These beads are just as good at helping to loosen up dry, dead skin, but because they're smooth, they're gentler on your skin.

If you have inflammatory acne, though, manual exfoliants aren't the best idea. The rubbing can irritate your skin and aggravate your acne, leading to more breakouts.

Also, have you looked into the Acne.org? There's a back acne regimen, too. ; )

Exfoliating scrubs, such as St. Ives, that contain bits of ground up apricot or peach pits (or anything similar) aren't the greatest for acne-prone skin. The granules in them actually have sharp, jagged edges which can cause micro-tears in your skin, which are not only irritating (and irritation can lead to breakouts), but make an excellent entry point for bacteria.

A better option, if you still want to use a manual exfoliant, would be to find one that has smooth, silica beads in it. These beads are just as good at helping to loosen up dry, dead skin, but because they're smooth, they're gentler on your skin.

If you have inflammatory acne, though, manual exfoliants aren't the best idea. The rubbing can irritate your skin and aggravate your acne, leading to more breakouts.

Also, have you looked into the Acne.org? There's a back acne regimen, too. ; )

Peter Thomas Roth botanical wash!! Has jojoba beads of moisture that scrub instead of tearing the skin! Make your mom buy it for you. St. Ives can be a bit harsh for acne prone skin. I like it too though, I just shouldn't use it... :P

Can I buy Peter Thomas Roth at any drug store?

Unfortunately not. Sephora? If you don't live by one, you can buy it online. Are you only looking for drugstore scrubs?

Can I buy Peter Thomas Roth at any drug store?

Unfortunately not. Sephora? If you don't live by one, you can buy it online. Are you only looking for drugstore scrubs?

Okay, I'll ask my sister to check sephora for me... as I cannot buy online. Could you recommend any sort of BP for me to use instead of Neutrogena On-the-Spot since the tube is very small?

Okay, I'll ask my sister to check sephora for me... as I cannot buy online. Could you recommend any sort of BP for me to use instead of Neutrogena On-the-Spot since the tube is very small?

I actually like Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10. It worked pretty well for me and I think it's a better amount in the tube!!

And here is a link for the wash:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...;categoryId=B70

I like it because it's a great well performing brand and it's okay to use everyday.