Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Professional

How do I avoid my hair getting bleached from BP?

I've been on the regimen for a year and half now and it's working great. However a big problem I have is that my hair seems to get bleached on the ends, it turns my hair into a orange/brown color only on certain parts of my hair.

It's quite embarrassing because everyone wonders whether I'm dying my hair a different color and screwed it up or something :P

So how do I avoid this? I've already tried wetting my hair on the front tips with water after applying BP, but it still doesn't really work because I put my hair down. Also when I apply Bp before bed I'm sure my hair gets mixed in with the BP as well when I'm sleeping.

Thanks!

Try keeping your hair off your face until the BP is completely dry. Moist BP can bleach things (so getting your hair wet may actually make the bleaching worse, since the moisture can activate the BP's bleaching effect).

After applying all 3 steps, can I put my face to a fan for a minute or so?

Or is air dry recommended for drying after applying the moisturizer?

I'm asking this because I have a very tight schedule and am always on the run, like right after applying the moisturizer in the morning I don't have much time to let it air dry for a few minutes because I gotta do my hair right after applying the moisturizer.

Nah, sitting in front of a fan is fine. Just be sure you're gentle while you're applying them. Move the BP around until it's kind of sticky or tacky feeling, then go ahead and sit in front of the fan to help it dry fully, then do your moisturizer and, if you need to, sit in front of the fan for a few more minutes 'til your face feels totally dry.

Nah, sitting in front of a fan is fine. Just be sure you're gentle while you're applying them. Move the BP around until it's kind of sticky or tacky feeling, then go ahead and sit in front of the fan to help it dry fully, then do your moisturizer and, if you need to, sit in front of the fan for a few more minutes 'til your face feels totally dry.

Wow does that mean I could let it dry with a fan all the time?

Because what I do is wait 5 minutes in between each item and to be honest that totals up to a lot of time just applying face products.

Washing my face=10 sec

5 min wait to air dry

BP=7-13 min

5 min wait to dry

Moisturizer=5 min

That totals up to nearly half an hour every day. For the past year and a half I could of just used a fan to dry my face to speed things up? LOL

As long as you make sure to take your time when you're actually applying the products, I don't see a reason why you couldn't sit in front of a fan just to help them dry in between. It's been recommended to people that live in humid climates, where the products take longer to absorb, so I'm sure it would be okay for you, too.

As long as you make sure to take your time when you're actually applying the products, I don't see a reason why you couldn't sit in front of a fan just to help them dry in between. It's been recommended to people that live in humid climates, where the products take longer to absorb, so I'm sure it would be okay for you, too.

yeah my fan is in the perfect place too, on top of my desk right next to my laptop.

Anyways thanks for the help :)