Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

People:

Does anyone know of a good makeup that will NOT cause breakouts or clog pores??

I Have used many many many< mostly drug store brands > but I feel that the only time my skin improves is when a don't wear a lot of makeup. I have scars so I can't just stop wearing makup all together, even when i finally get clear I will still have to use makeup. i hate it, but what am i going to do about it. Anyway I have tried Bare minerals a few times, but i don't like the feel of it in my skin, it doesn't feel natural and doesn't look natural, and it makes my flaws more pronounced. Another dilema is that I have a more yellowish undertone and medium skintone, so i need a makeup that will be the same color of my skin.

to narrow down the search this is what i don't want:

-bareminerals

-cream foundation.

this is what i do want:

-I am open to any form of makeup; concealer, foundation, loose powder

i just want something that people have tried and love.

thank you,

Edited by bibz

People:

Does anyone know of a good makeup that will NOT cause breakouts or clog pores??

I Have used many many many< mostly drug store brands > but I feel that the only time my skin improves is when a don't wear a lot of makeup. I have scars so I can't just stop wearing makup all together, even when i finally get clear I will still have to use makeup. i hate it, but what am i going to do about it. Anyway I have tried Bare minerals a few times, but i don't like the feel of it in my skin, it doesn't feel natural and doesn't look natural, and it makes my flaws more pronounced. Another dilema is that I have a more yellowish undertone and medium skintone, so i need a makeup that will be the same color of my skin.

to narrow down the search this is what i don't want:

-bareminerals

-cream foundation.

this is what i do want:

-I am open to any form of makeup; concealer, foundation, loose powder

i just want something that people have tried and love.

thank you,

I feel your pain. I used to use mostly drug store makeup too. I do think there are really good products out there, but for acne and problem prone skin, I think it's better to go with the big guns. As my boyfriend used to tell me- if you are going to put something on your face everyday, at least get the good kind. He means we should invest in something that is that much a part of our routine. Now to end the lecture.... hahaha :)

I use (and LOVE) these products, and they definitely don't make me break out:

- YSL 14 hr. last foundation

- Smashbox Halo Powder

(together)

- Also if you want concealer: try Amazing Cosmetics'

It makes my skin look pretty good. hope this helps and good luck!

I use origins foundations (the light one in a tube) and spot concealing, and there press powder. Its prettty light, no harsh chemicals. a little pricey but its the only foundation that has not made me break out. =]