Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So ive always broken out from moisturizers and cleasers mainly from all the chemials

but today i got a holistic natural soap

The ingredients are : saponified vegetable oils(olive,rice,bran,coconut,organic palm,hemp,and shea butter),essentials oils, peppermint leaves, rosemary extract, and natural vitamin E

my question is are any of these consider chemicals or harmful to the skin?

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in your product(s) and determine if any might be problematic. The second link is to a PDF so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze. Remember that the further down on the list of ingredients, the less percentage of that ingredient is in the product. So a comedogenic ingredient that is in the last half of an ingredient list may or may not cause you problems. http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

You can also individually search for each ingredient on this website to read what other people write.

I have no idea... But you could try to use it a little bit on your arm or back/shoulders and see how your skin reacts. If nothing adverse happens try doing a small patch right under your ear kinda near the jawline, or even behind your ear. That skin/area should be pretty similar to the rest of the skin on your face. See how it goes and if your skin reacts well, good luck :)

i use water on the face, thats it. i suggest you do the same and save yourself from damage. no chems, perhaps just pure soap.

ive put years of bp and retinoids now nothing at all, no chems.

Natural soap works OK as long as you make sure that your not allergic to an of the Essential oils that are used in them. I noticed that the soap you got has essential oils rosemary and peppermint. Be very careful with peppermint because it can agrivate sensitive skin, it makes me break out. I know because I make organic soap and I had to study E.O's and thier uses. Rosemary is stimulating to the skin which is good, but some people are allergic to it. So just becareful. If at all possible, get a soap with no essential oils and only fattening oils like Olive, Palm, Castor, coconut and hemp. And dont worry, they wont clog pores. But for me, I cant even use soap on my face, I have to use Witch Hazel astringent on a cotton pad.