Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foreverdoomed

Do i HAVE to go on birth control for accutane?

I am 16. so i GUESS the doctor will assume i'm sexually active. but im NOT. i don't believe in having it before marriage. but i don't think the doctor will understand. i have an appointment for accutane this week. i am really nervous . my mom won't let me go on bc [ old fashioned] but yeah i also see NO need for it .

Also what's the procedure for accutane? like i heard you have to wait a month for it?

Btw i live in Canada, if that makes a difference for the rules

thank you.

You can put down "abstinence" and "condom" as your two forms. Silly, I know- but if you're not having sex, you definitely don't need to go on hormonal birth control.

Good luck!

Not positive. But yeah, Accutane is a serious drug. You have to have blood tests and other tests run to make sure your body can handle it. Sometimes takes months. Also, I think two methods of birth control are required because of some law. Basically if a woman does get pregnant on Accutane, it has devastating effects on the fetus. ASK your doctor.

No, you can claim abstinence and sign off on that being your "method". You should not take bc if you don't have to. Just don't change your mind.