Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My best friend and I had a falling out a while ago and I haven't seen him in a year. The last time he saw me, I had clear skin. After our falling out, I started breaking out badly. I finally got put on Accutane and I'm now on my 4th month. Recently, he's been contacting me about hanging out. I kept putting it off because I was embarrassed about my skin, but I finally decided we should hangout and we will be doing so next month. I'm not really breaking out anymore because of the Accutane, but I still have a lot of redness and scarring. Compared to how I looked the last time he saw me, I'm a mess. And even though we're both guys and I probably shouldn't feel this way, I'm just so nervous and embarrassed about everything. I've been kind of a recluse the last year trying to let my skin heal because I don't want somebody who last saw me with clear skin to see me now and say "Woah, what happened to you?" and then see them staring at my face and stuff. So, as I said, I'm going through with it...but I have a sick feeling in my stomach about it. Can anyone else relate to this? I need a confidence boost.

I'm completely in the same situation!

Except my good friend is a girl and I almost dated her back when I had clear skin :doubt:

You won't have a problem because men don't think like girls. If your friend was a girl, well then you'd probably be shit canned as a friend.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

I was feeling so shity the first time i've seen my best friend since i broke out a shitstorm.

When i got to the meeting place, he was the only one that didn't mention my terrible acne. He was uber cool about it. The other who i don't give a fuck about was pointing it out and i have to make excuses and just tell them it's hormonal.

When we chat he never mentions it and he even invited me to come over and hang at his house. I can't believe it. He has the clearest skin i've ever seen in my life and he's cool hanging out with me.

I was too stupid to realize how good a friend he is and declined, now he's gone to further his studies and i'll probably never see him again.

Do it man :)

You won't have a problem because men don't think like girls. If your friend was a girl, well then you'd probably be shit canned as a friend.

If that girl is completely SHALLOW.