Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZIT-MASTER

Acne is caused by Estrogen!!!

So I have this theory that ACNE comes from Estrogen. I need some help though as to what part or type precisely of estrogen.

but then I read this article and noticed that it's more the androgens (or at least blockage of) that seems to cure it girls so I suppose it's not the estrogen then!

Edited by ZIT-MASTER

Birth control pills are often prescribed to help clear acne. Yes, they can cause breakouts in the first few months while the body adjusts to the new hormone levels, but after that, the increased levels of girly hormones can actually help women stay clear.

Men on average get more acne than women during puberty, probably not the estrogen. Who gets and who doesn't get acne is pretty much written in our genetic codes, and I'm pretty sure that women who get acne have similar levels of estrogen to women who don't get acne. Acne is caused by a variety of things, improper processing of estrogen may be one factor in some women.

Edited by 4meracneguy