Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was cleaning out my medicine cabinet and I have a bottle of Dans BP that I got back in 08 or 09- my skin is MUCH too sensitive for the regimen but I was thinking of passing it on to someone who could use it to spot treat etc. as I'm clear now.

The thing is though the bottle says it's expired, BUT, I could swear I've read in litterature somewhere that BP has a very long shelf life and typically works fine long after it's expiration date.. so what to do?? I hate to toss it as it's a huge bottle and it'd be such a waste so please anyone who knows what is fact or fiction please let me know!! THANKS!

P.S- IT SMELLS AND LOOKS NORMAL. :whistle:

The BP starts to get less and less effective after the expiration date. Even if it smells and looks normal, it's effectiveness has probably dropped quite a bit.

Yeah, it does kind of stink, but that's just the way it goes. All products expire eventually, you know?

I couldn't figure out why I was starting to break out again about a month or two or so ago after being clear for almost two years on The Regimen, and then I realized that the BP I'd been using was almost a year old. I ordered a new tube of BP, and I'm clearing up again.

Now I know for sure that I really need to make sure that I use my BP within six months of opening it for best results.

Hey thanks... and honestly I had no idea about the BP so i certainly learned something new, and that is very interesting and not to mention frustrating im sure on your part... being clear and then breaking out suddenly, ugh, but I'm glad you made the correlation between the two so quickly.

I guess it is safe to say one might be better off ordering a much smaller tube of BP at a time because unless I was actually using the regimen and even then there is no way in heck that I could of used that huge bottle of BP in 6 months time, so I'm guessing its better to just buy smaller and keep a fresh batch!

Also, I knew BP would likely expire EVENTUALLY but I figured it was sort of like asprin or something in that sense and had a very long shelf life. So glad that I double checked before passing it on because I would hate for it to not work for them after singing BPs praises as far as spot treating goes.

Thanks again, I really do appretiate it!

Yep, it definitely makes more sense to order smaller tubes if you're not using lots of BP every day.

I used a modified version of The Regimen--using one one pump, and only at night--so I don't go through BP as quickly as many Regimen users, so it makes more sense for me to order the 8oz tube than the 16oz bottle, because an 8oz tube lasts me about six months, which is perfect.

And I'm glad I could help. : )