Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acnekilla

Okay don't know were too post

Okay I came too a conclusion ders something wrong wit me I have moderate acne mostly cus of all my clogged pores but there's something wierd going on were I pierced my ear I have a ball I acn feel and I squeeze and the same stuff that would come out a clogged pore comes out of my ear and it refills all the time should I go too a doctor ??

Sounds like a cyst. It happens when your piercing gets infected, and instead of oozing out, the puss builds up inside your skin. Make sure to clean it really well with a gentle cleanser (no rubbing alcohol or anything like that, because that can make it worse), and if it gets sore, or you get a fever or anything, go to a doctor.

Sounds like a cyst. I got those in my ears when I had them pierced. If you see a doctor they'll probably recommend you take the piercing out until it heals again. If you pierced it recently, it may close up. I'd try to get some antibiotic ointment in there. What I do is coat the post of my earring in the ointment, stick it in the hole, and wiggle it around a bit.

Taking the jewelry out is a bad idea. If the hole closes up, the puss and gunk will be trapped in there. If you have to take the jewelry out to clean it, be sure to put it back in afterward.

The only time taking the piercing out for an extended period of time is a good idea in situations like this is if you've gone to the doctor and they've cleared all the gunk out and given you a medication to make sure that it heals up properly.

My brother was a tattoo artist/piercer for years, and he's told me some horror stories about people that thought that taking the jewelry out of a piercing that had gone cystic was a good idea.

Taking the jewelry out is a bad idea. If the hole closes up, the puss and gunk will be trapped in there. If you have to take the jewelry out to clean it, be sure to put it back in afterward.

The only time taking the piercing out for an extended period of time is a good idea in situations like this is if you've gone to the doctor and they've cleared all the gunk out and given you a medication to make sure that it heals up properly.

My brother was a tattoo artist/piercer for years, and he's told me some horror stories about people that thought that taking the jewelry out of a piercing that had gone cystic was a good idea.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the doc told me to take it out then.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the doc told me to take it out then.

I can see how even doctors would think that was a good idea. "Your piercing went cystic? Well, take the jewelry out and let it heal!".

But oftentimes, the skin will just heal around the cyst, and then people are left with big, hard, sore lumps in their skin that may have to be excised.

From what my brother's told me, a lot of times, you can get the piercing to heal up by just being gentle with it, cleaning it with a gentle soap, and making sure to keep it clean. You may have to try to gently express the goop in there when you clean it. Wash your hands, take out the jewelry, wash the area, apply gentle pressure to get the gunk out (don't try to force it), and then rewash everything (including the jewelry) before putting it back in. Try to keep the area dry in between washings.

The piercings been out forever and when I squeeze the stuff out in a week it's full of it again it doesn't bother me or nothing