Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bennyb

How long does Doxy take to work?

Hey I am on 200 mg of doxy a day (100 at night and 100 in morning). It's been a little over a month. It seems to be kind of working but I still get zits and I seem to be getting a lot more of those little white bumps under the skin that take forever to go away. I am also on retin-a .01% and a cyndamicin/BP gel called acanya. I am hoping for better results with the doxy. When should I start seeing great results with doxy? Thanks.

I'm not sure, but if it doesnt seem to be working after two or three months it probably is not going to at all. I took it for several years and now I am finally going on accutane because the antibiotics never did a damn thing, nor any other cream they gave me.

I CAN'T COMPARE. I ENDED UP BEING ALLERGIC TO DOXCYCLINE, GOT ALL ITCHY AND BRUISED UP AFTER TAKING IT FOR A WEEK.....

NOW I GOTTA GO BACK AND GET SOMETHING ELSE FROM THE DERM. :wall:

I have been on doxycycline twice now. Both times it took around a month to work, maybe a little more. Everybody is different and what will work for me, won't necessarily work for you. I've been on antibiotics 4 different times now, and they always quit working eventually. It was frustrating. Good luck to you.

I have been on doxycycline twice now. Both times it took around a month to work, maybe a little more. Everybody is different and what will work for me, won't necessarily work for you. I've been on antibiotics 4 different times now, and they always quit working eventually. It was frustrating. Good luck to you.

I'm on Doryx 150mg, after about three weeks i was totally clear =)

Alrite I have been on doxy for about 7 weeks now and I am still getting zits. When will I see results? Could it possibly be due to the retin-a even though I have been on it for nearly two months as well? I don't get it.

a lot of people have an 8 wk hump to get over and then the results start kicking in. But it can be very individalized.