Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so I am back. My body has been so out of whack. Since September I have tried 3 different birth control pills, Ortho Tricyclen being my 4th. I was on the generic of that, Trinessa, for about 3 months but every 3rd month I bleed the whole month. Sooo, I just started Ortho Tricyclen on the 22nd of April. Currently am on the "placebo" week. I have had the worst breakout EVER. All along my jaw, my cheeks... Seriously?!?! I thought I was going to be ok, I was ok on Trinessa.. Now on this its gone completely crazy. My dermotalogist just throws creams and more pills my way. I am getting so sick of using crap that doesnt work. About 9 years ago I took accutane for my acne, and it kept me clear until last August when I got an ovarian cyst and had to have the mirena IUD out. I am truly trying to avoid a second course of Accutane, but damn I am so frustrated. I also asked the derm for Spiro to try and she wont give me that either.... Has anyone here had luck after the 3 month wait with the birth control Ortho TriCyclen?????

Ok, so I am back. My body has been so out of whack. Since September I have tried 3 different birth control pills, Ortho Tricyclen being my 4th. I was on the generic of that, Trinessa, for about 3 months but every 3rd month I bleed the whole month. Sooo, I just started Ortho Tricyclen on the 22nd of April. Currently am on the "placebo" week. I have had the worst breakout EVER. All along my jaw, my cheeks... Seriously?!?! I thought I was going to be ok, I was ok on Trinessa.. Now on this its gone completely crazy. My dermotalogist just throws creams and more pills my way. I am getting so sick of using crap that doesnt work. About 9 years ago I took accutane for my acne, and it kept me clear until last August when I got an ovarian cyst and had to have the mirena IUD out. I am truly trying to avoid a second course of Accutane, but damn I am so frustrated. I also asked the derm for Spiro to try and she wont give me that either.... Has anyone here had luck after the 3 month wait with the birth control Ortho TriCyclen?????

I take Ortho TC and I am pretty sure it helps a lot. My acne used to be a lot worse. I didn't know BC helped with that (I started taking it awhile ago) but I know now and I think it's made a noticeable difference. Hang in there, if you switch again I think it would be even worse for your skin! I know it's hard but give it a shot girl!

I take Ortho TC and I am pretty sure it helps a lot. My acne used to be a lot worse. I didn't know BC helped with that (I started taking it awhile ago) but I know now and I think it's made a noticeable difference. Hang in there, if you switch again I think it would be even worse for your skin! I know it's hard but give it a shot girl!

How long have you been on the Ortho Tricyclen??? Did it break you out at first?!?!?!? Do you use anything else with the bcp???

How long have you been on the Ortho Tricyclen??? Did it break you out at first?!?!?!? Do you use anything else with the bcp???

I have been on it oh... at least a year. Probably more. I don't think it did, but I had been on different BC before that. My regimen is under this, it's my signature! I also use a lot of masks which you can ask me about if you want :)

The dermatologist wants me to use atralin which I think is like the differin you use... I am just hesitant bc I dont want to be on all these creams and pills forever. I need the birth control so I am ok with that, but last year this time I just washed my face with dove soap and I hardly ever got any pimples. It is baffling how things can change in a matter of months:(

I was on Ortho in college and it completely killed my face. I broke out so so so bad on it, that it was absolutely unreal.

I was on Ortho in college and it completely killed my face. I broke out so so so bad on it, that it was absolutely unreal.

Well, the good thing is that I have been on this before... I had taken this for 4 years...Had my son, and decided to do ortho lo which didnt work out, then trinessa(generic), and now the reg otc.