Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cassuk

Can flaky skin be making my acne worse?

I know about the whole use moisturiser for dry skin as the skin produces more oil to compensate but... after using duac at night, in the morning my skins been soooo tight and flaky but my spots on my chin and blackheads on my nose have become worse :( My skin on the nose and chin area have also been VERY VERY sensitive to the point i wanted to put ice on it to cool it down! I went to the chemist today and bought some e45 cream... put it on and its made my skin feel sooo much better. I'll be skipping putting the duac all over my face tonight and just use the e45 cream to see if it help. BTW i was using an oil free moisturiser before but it looks like my skin just needs so much more. Any information on the subject would be helpful thanks :)

Yes. It took me years to get my head around moisturising and doing it morning and night in combination with my acne solution. I was really against moisturing because I thought my skin was oily as it was but no, during summer and winter, moisturise!

Make sure u find a good moisturiser though. Non fragrence, alcohol, oil etc.

Thats the thing i was mositurising! With an oil free moisturiser but my skin was still sooo dry so i've been using e45 cream not sure if its just sold over here in the uk but its a very rich cream for like excema (sp?) but its worked wonders overnight for my skin. No new spots and the ones that were painful and under the skin have now come to a head. If your out of ideas i do reccomend it even though many say its not for oily skin my oily skin hasnt got any worse and my sore sensitised spots are healing :) good luck for anyone who tries it... (google e45 cream)

I wonder how that works! Sounds a strange question but can your skin be too dry AND too oily? As my skins really oily on my nose but can be flaky at the same time, the same with my chin too