Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unicornwonderland

please help me identify my scars :) help appreciated.

Hey guys!

This is my first time writing in the forums even though i have been reading them for quite some time now.

I was wondering if anyone here could help me identify what scars i actually have and what are the best treatments for this type of scarring.

I know i have some red marks / hyper-pigmentation but i'm wondering about the other one's (dent like type )

post-129132-1273822315_thumb.jpg post-129132-1273822384_thumb.jpg post-129132-1273822347_thumb.jpg

These photos aren't the best but it's the best i can do for now.

I've been to a dermatologist before but he didn't really tell me what type they were and wasn't very helpful at all actually.

Any help and tips would be very appreciated :)

Thanks!!!!

post-129132-1273822315_thumb.jpg

post-129132-1273822347_thumb.jpg

post-129132-1273822384_thumb.jpg

Edited by unicornwonderland

hi,

I think it's some minimal rolling scarring, maybe some minimal boxscars and some enlarged pores. nothing bad. it looks OK. I don't feel educated, experienced enough to give you a lot of advice on treatment, though. Basing on what I've researched so far I think dermarolling/needling is the safest and the cheapest and praised by many. I haven't tried it personally but I'm going to. I had three 35% TCA peels done by a pro, it helped a bit with my boxscars and the general skin tone. it's quite risky and painful, must be done by a pro at this percentage. and it requires the right before/aftercare.

hi,

I think it's some minimal rolling scarring, maybe some minimal boxscars and some enlarged pores. nothing bad. it looks OK. I don't feel educated, experienced enough to give you a lot of advice on treatment, though. Basing on what I've researched so far I think dermarolling/needling is the safest and the cheapest and praised by many. I haven't tried it personally but I'm going to. I had three 35% TCA peels done by a pro, it helped a bit with my boxscars and the general skin tone. it's quite risky and painful, must be done by a pro at this percentage. and it requires the right before/aftercare.

Thanks heaps for replying! :) I was thinking into dermarolling but still on the fence about it at the moment. I started using retin-a so maybe the roller + retin-a might help a little.