Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scott24

A good exfoliant?

Right now I just use the BP lotion. It works great and worked rather quickly. However I feel now there is a trade off.

Even though the BP did a great job of clearing up existing acne, I feel like the dry skin flakes it causes, are turning right around and "reclogging" pores. I've tried different exfoliating products and methods but with no results. My face literally looks like it has dandruff and looks as bad as the acne itself. There is pretty much a solid layer of dry skin cover my face and feel like it's just sitting there blocking pores everywhere. Is there a nice gentle method to get rid of some flaking?

Tried Paula's Choice AHA for about 5 months and it didn't do anything. Also tried the babybush method and it irritated my skin. I need some gentle as my skin is VERY sensitive. I am talking like if I even look at myself wrong in the mirror, I get a zit :dance::dance:

I had the same problem with BP. It worked but left my skin so dry and flaky that it honestly looked as I had a new skin problem. It was horrible. Just started using BP again but less often.

I never found a solution to my problem but I used the Buf Puff sponges (found at drugstore.com). And they alleviated the problem somewhat. They might work for you. Lots of people love them and so do I. I just found that my BP flaking was way too extreme.

I tried the gentle and extra gentle face sponge. The regular I think would be too rough. I like the gentle one. The extra gentle was way to gentle in my opinion just by itself. I like to have both of them and use both depending on my face and the sensitivity. I would definitely give them a try.

A good and cheap exfoliant for sensitive skin is St. Ives Apricot Scrub. You can buy it from anywhere - Wal Mart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc.

EDIT// I was reading over my old posts and came across this. I do NOT recommend this scrub at all anymore. The exfoliating beads are shaped irregularly and can really tear open/hurt your skin.

Edited by Sapphire Lily

Thanks for the recommendations on brands and methods. I will definitely look into all of them!!

ExfoliKate by Kate Somverville. Gets rid of every flake of dry skin!! Every one.
Edited by scott24