Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoobSocks112

Bad Skin and My Bad Regimen

I have been using a simple regimen of lever bar soap and i use sugar as a facial right after i wash my face with lever bar soap. Then i moisturize with vaseline brand lotion. I dont use vaseline petroleum jelly. My acne is horrible i am an african american male and im really ugly... So any tips on how to change my regimen? Also i have dark circles "bags under my eyes" any tips on this too?

Edited by NoobSocks112

actually i have been only using lever for 2 days since i ran out of dove?

I dont think i can go try the acne.org regimen yet but do you have any effective tips or home remedies to get rid of acne and tips on how to get rid of dark circles?

Edited by NoobSocks112

If your problem is non-inflammatory acne (which I'm assuming it is based on a recent post of yours), you could try an aspirin mask. Aspirin is a type of Salicylic Acid, and SA is good for breaking down the dead skin and sebum that clogs pores.

Or you could just go out and buy a SA product.

1. Bar soap is awful. Soap has... all kinds of sulfates and awful drying ingredients that ALWAYS work against your skin and cause more problems than anything else. Please go buy yourself something for acne, like Cetaphill or... Anything that isn't a plain bar of soap.

2. Sugar. I know everyone says natural is the way to go but I never liked the idea of putting food on my face--though I'll admit I was obsessed with it for about a month or two. You don't need to exfoliate everyday, only once a week. Once again, go buy a product designed especially for your problem.

3. Vaseline is a big no-no. If you look at the ingredients the main ingredient is petrolium. PETROLIUM. Why should anybody put that on their face? Since the lotion you're using is not for acne, it could be making your acne worse. I'll say it again, you need products that are specifically designed for acne. You wouldn't want to treat a cough with fever medicine right? Why use something that isn't designed for your problem.

I'm sure once you change your regimen you will be just fine :)

1. Bar soap is awful. Soap has... all kinds of sulfates and awful drying ingredients that ALWAYS work against your skin and cause more problems than anything else. Please go buy yourself something for acne, like Cetaphill or... Anything that isn't a plain bar of soap.

2. Sugar. I know everyone says natural is the way to go but I never liked the idea of putting food on my face--though I'll admit I was obsessed with it for about a month or two. You don't need to exfoliate everyday, only once a week. Once again, go buy a product designed especially for your problem.

3. Vaseline is a big no-no. If you look at the ingredients the main ingredient is petrolium. PETROLIUM. Why should anybody put that on their face? Since the lotion you're using is not for acne, it could be making your acne worse. I'll say it again, you need products that are specifically designed for acne. You wouldn't want to treat a cough with fever medicine right? Why use something that isn't designed for your problem.

I'm sure once you change your regimen you will be just fine :)

I stopped doing that. I tried lubriderm for a few weeks and it really made me break out. I tried the daily moisturizing lotion for normal to dry skin and my acne got worse on my forehead.i still have acne all over my face

im 14 african american male what moisturizer is best for my skin?

Also i have one more question

how to i keep tabs on threads that i have posted in so i can come back here?