Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InquisitiveCreature

Hemp, Borage, Primerose, etc.

I'm trying to get more information on these because this is what I'm leaning on right now. Hormones. Especially since I'm 17 and it runs in the fam. Anyhow, I get confused because a lot of people here have reported that these things, especially flaxseed oil, has made their acne much worse.

Right now I'm taking epo, and my breakouts have noticeable reduced within in the first week. I want to further target my hormones so what else do you suggest I do? If I were to add one or more of the above along with my epo which should I add? Also how much should I take/be taking?

Just keep taking the EPO, and try taking it with a probiotic yogurt; taking GLA with fatty, probiotic foods really helps your body to absorb it.

How much EPO are you taking? You really should be taking the supplement under the guidance of a naturopath because it can effect your hormones more than is healthy; I miss my period each time I take just one EPO pill per day, for instance. Don't mean to scare ya, but it's good to play it safe when dealing with supplements.

Just keep taking the EPO, and try taking it with a probiotic yogurt; taking GLA with fatty, probiotic foods really helps your body to absorb it.

How much EPO are you taking? You really should be taking the supplement under the guidance of a naturopath because it can effect your hormones more than is healthy; I miss my period each time I take just one EPO pill per day, for instance. Don't mean to scare ya, but it's good to play it safe when dealing with supplements.

Thanks Quirky. I take what the bottle instructs me to, I just know that a lot of people here usually up their supplement dose past that recomendation (not epo in specific, in general) so I wan't sure if I should consider it with epo. I'll try to take it with yogurt :3