Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Helloooo!

I'm very new to this website but I've seen some of the posts and accutane logs that people are doing, and ya'll have been giving people an extra boost of confidence; and that's EXACTLY what I need right now.

I'll begin by saying that I'm 14 years old and have had acne since I was in the 4th grade. It started out very young and I've been dealing with it for 4 years! I have it not only on my face, but on my back and chest too. /: A few months ago, I got fed up with it all and went to the dermatologist. He put me on 40 mg of Accutane. Even though I'm about to visit him again and start my fourth month, I wanna put my progress from now on out on here; because I really do need an upboost of confidence sometimes!

Day 94: So far, all I've had really is more acne, dry skin, and chapped lips since day 1. I've seen some clearing up but not a whole lot! My chest is ok...can't say too much about it. My back looks fine; a few pimples here and there but not alot! I just cannot wait for this stuff to really start working! Hopefully before the summer?

Any tips or advice that you've had about being on Accutane? Everything would be appriciated! (:

Edited by somebody.out.there.(:

Hi!!

We're just about in the same place accutane wise (i'm approaching the fourth month.) I'm also not quite where I'd like to be skin-wise (ie. still breaking out a bit,) but i have seen a lot of people on here keep breaking out until the end of their course. it works at different speeds for everyone, so don't give up! you'll be cleared up, it just takes time! (the downside.. i remember the first week, thinking i'd be all clear in a few weeks!) That's such a good decision that you're on accutane now rather than waiting til you're my age, because now you'll get to go through most of your teenage years with clear skin. :)

good luck!

Hey, we're almost on the some day! I just started month four too.

Yeah - these logs are great. Great to vent, great to read other people's stories so you know you're not alone. Going through accutane sucks when everyone around you has decent skin.

missmooshoo007: Thanks for the info! I've also seen that people go at different speeds. I just wish they could tell you exactly when you're gonna clear up for good! And I don't feel quite as bad if you're still breaking out too. A kid at my school is taking it and his skin is doing muchhh better, but it's just red. The first week I thought the same thing too! Man, was I wrong. Lol. But yeah, I couldn't take it anymore! Most people in middle school don't have acne so it's depressing when nobody but you and maybe two other people have it, you know? And let's hope I do!

Thanks for your comment though; it meant alot! Praying for clear skin for the both of us, real soon! (:

kernal.panic: Right on, girl! It is a great way to vent to people who actually understand. Rather than people who have no idea what you're going through! And it really is. I cake on makeup to help cover it up, but it just doesn't make me feel natural. But I'd rather do that then go with none on! I can't wait til this stuff finally really kicks in!

Thanks for the comment too! I love this venting thing! Lol. Hopefully, clear skin is on the bend in the road ahead of us! (:

Day 100: Pretty much the same as always. Chapped lips, still have dry skin...same old same old. Visited the dermatogolist yesterday. He said to help to take a pill twice a day called Ciprofloxacin...Anybody ever taken it before? I'd like to know a little bit more about it before I start taking it! Also, my period is all outta whack. Lol. Any other girls out there still having really weird times for their periods starting even when they're on their 4th month or more of Accutane? Thanks guys; it really does mean alot to hear other people tell me how they're doing and that I'm not the only one! (:

I've always had weird periods, so I don't know if accutane is throwing them out of whack, although it has boosted my already terrible PMS into hulk-like proportions.

What the hell is Ciprofloxacin? Sounds terrifying.

crazy09: Yesss! I'm just glad I'm closer to getting offa this stuff. And don't worry time will fly by. And I think during my first month? But don't hold that agaisnt me, but I'm pretty sure! Lol.

kernal.panic: Haha, first off: everytime I see your name I think of that band Panic! at the Disco! Haha, random I know but had to be said. (:

And yeah! My period's are so freakin' long. So it's weird to tell when I'm supposed to be on mine or not! And preach it, girl! That's a downside of Accutane...stupid period effects. /:

And hahahaha, I have NO idea what it is! I haven't actually taken it yet...I'm hoping somebody will be like "Oh, I took it! It's not bad at all!" But you can get yeast infections and I don't feel like putting up with all that crap right now.

I've got this big dance coming up in 2 weeks...Kinda like a middle school prom? And I've still got some bumps on my chest and my dress is kinda low cut. The dermie said it should take away the redness, cause they're pretty red. So I don't know what I'll do if it doesn't clear up really good?!?! But oh well, hopefully it will. If not, I guess I'll have to suck it up.

I'm not even gonna blog about Day 101! There's nothing to report! Lol. (:

It's terrible you've had acne for so long! I started getting it around 11ish. I only wish I'd gone on accutane earlier (I finished my treatment when I was almost 17). My only advice is to do everything you can to avoid scarring now! I rarely break out nowadays, but I still have to worry about all of those accutane scars. ) : It's good you'll be finishing it up over summer, I did the same and it was not having to worry about my peers when bad breakouts arose.

As for your prom/chest situation, you could always put makeup on it! It will probably sweat off but the dance should be dimly lit anyway.

Also, for lips I don't know what you use but I liked Lanolin a lot better than Aquaphor. You do not have to apply it as much and it seems to make more of a difference? Also, it is meant for breastfeeding women, which is always a good conversation piece.

Also, for lips I don't know what you use but I liked Lanolin a lot better than Aquaphor. You do not have to apply it as much and it seems to make more of a difference? Also, it is meant for breastfeeding women, which is always a good conversation piece.

Lanolin! What an idea.. I'm picking up some tomorrow. For some reason, they sell it at the knitting supply store where I live. No idea why. I mean, it comes from wool, but you'd think it would make more sense to sell it in a maternity store or something? Or maybe people also use it to lubricate knitting needles or something.

someone.out.there: Sadly, no one ever can predict what this stuff will do! My derm is consistently wrong in her predictions. She said I'd have no initial breakout, then she said my initial breakout was over.. wrong on both counts. Either way, we'll just see for ourselves, and hopefully something good! Have fun at the dance, and keep us updated. :)

Brooke Reilly: Yes, it sucks that I've had it for so long! But I'm glad that I'm on this treatment now so I can hopefully get it outta the way during high school! And yeah, most people do break out around this age I think. I don't know why I started that in 4th grade though. And thanks for mentioning that! My mom tells me not to pick at it and stuff like that cause it could cause scarring. It's hard not to though. Lol. Also, my dermie said that Accutane would also help get rid of the acne scarring? But I have this stuff called Scar Zone, and I put it on sometimes. It helps with the redness of the bumps too, so maybe that'll help with your scarring? That's another downside to acne, is the scarring! ):

And thanks! I think that's what we're gonna do...we finally got some concealer! Lol. We'll see how it goes!

And thanks for the info on Lanolin! I'll have to go pick some up. Aquphor hasn't really helped a whole lot! But I've always had chapped lips...just got worse when I started Accutane! And that's a great conversation peice! Lol. (:

missmooshoo007: Yes, I know! That's how my dermie is. He'll say "Oh, you're looking much better! Should clear right before summer!" the next time "Oh...it'll clear up by July...close to when you finish it maybe!" Hopefully something good will happen for all of us! And as for the dance, I'll try to have fun! And I'll keep you updated! (:

faithinhim: Thank you! You too! (:

Day 103: Nothing really too out of the ordinary to report about my skin...I think it's looking up though! It looks somewhat better. Still red, but not as much acne! Maybe things are looking up. I've had a great week, I haven't been as moody as I usually am on this stuff. Lol. Usually I'm very moody at home, but lately I haven't been quite as much! Let's hope it stays this way. (:

And also, I'd like to thank everybody for commenting on this log! You don't know how much I really do appreciate it! It makes me feel so much better about myself; plus, I can actually talk to people who are going through the same thing I am! So thanks guys! (: I'll keep you all updated!

Day 104: Usually I wouldn't randomly blog day after day, but it's just been one of those days.

It's not that today was terrible, but my skin just bothers me so freakin' much. Today I went to the movies with my brother and sister in law (Iron Man 2 was pretty good!). When I went to the bathroom and I was washing my hands, I couldn't help but to look up at myself. Usually I never would do this because I hate looking at myself. When I looked up, I immediatly felt like screaming. I hate hiding under all this makeup. If anything I think it makes me look just about as bad. I just can't wait til I can FINALLY get all this crap offa my face, and have clear skin, and not worry about too much makeup.

Sorry guys...Had to vent. Lol.

As for skin wise...I don't really know. One day it looks great, next day it's worse. Speaking of I have to go take the tane...I'll keep yall updated. (:

I know exactly what you mean about looking up and hating what you see. That was the story of my life- car mirrors, bathrooms, you name it. Trust me, you'll get through it, and soon you will LIKE what you see. Also, remember that NO ONE sees you the way you see yourself when you are inspecting your makeup. stand back a few feet, and look at your eyes. that's how everyone else sees you! :)

missmooshoo007: Thank you! I don't feel as bad since I have another human saying they feel the same as I do. And yeah, my mom tells me the exact same thing! Which I guess is true, that nobody can see you the same way, but then you still wonder...

Day 111(I think): So things have been goin pretty good, can't really complain! Nothing new. I do think it's really clearing up though *knock on wood*! Yesterday, I went over to my best friend's house for a sleepover for her birthday. My cousin was there and she has acne too. Although it's not as bad as mine, it made me feel human to know I'm not alone. Then she told me that it looked like the medicine had been working, and that made me feel 10 times better about myself. I got wet and most of my makeup came off in front of complete strangers, and for the first time in a long time...I didn't really care. It felt good, to not worry about what other people think about you. To just feel...good about your appreance. (:

All and all, things have been going great! I'll try to keep updating this thing soon, guys! (:

Yay for your skin clearing up! I love the feeling of not having to worry about my skin, it's awesome.

yay! that's great that your skin is getting better, and that you're feeling better. Having my makeup come off was always one of my worst fears.. but now its not so bad! if you can go swimming and still be ok, its because your skin still looks good underneath the makeup. :)

kernel.panic: Thanks! (: And I know! It's great. I mean it may not be as clear as yours but hey...it's getting there. If I can go swimming and my makeup come off, then you know it's gotta be working! (:

missmooshoo007: Thank you! (: You're sooo right! I saw that picture of you and mine isn't there YET but, like I told kernal.panic...it's gonna get there! Hopefully sooner than later though. But I think it will be sooner. (:

Day 113?: Nothing out of the ordinary to report! Still got some bumps, but you can tell that this medicine should be kicking in really good! (:

Now my only worry is that blasted dance Friday night! Got my nails and everything done today ...But I still have this terrible fear of going in my spaghetti strap black dress! It's gorgeous and I love it alot...but I still have the acne on my chest...and a few on my back but my hair should cover all that up. I'm just praying that hopefully the medicine will REALLY kick in good for my chest in 2 days. I'm gonna use concealer but I don't want it to come off and then everybody see it, you know? Oh well, let's hope for the best this Friday, guys. (:

Now, I need to go take the pill...I've been using these whitening strips for my teeth so I just now can take them off...and take my pill. Lol.

I'll keep yall updated! Thanks always for the support! (:

Edited by somebody.out.there.(:

You'll look great for your dance! I'm sure it will be really dim, maybe with a disco ball-thinking back to my middle school dances- oh wait, we didn't have any, haha. maybe one for the graduation, but i'm pretty sure i was more about the table with the cookies than the dancing. :D also, if you spray hairspray over the concealer, or dab on powder it will stay better. anyway my point was, concealer will definitely do the trick, so then you can just forget about it and have fun!

I need to do some teeth whitening, I think- theres this teeth whitening store where i live (like the whole store has only teeth whitening products..) and they have a 99 dollar laser whitening. i think i may do it, if i see some good before and after pics. :)

missmooshoo007: Thanks girl! Hahahahha, you're so funny! You crack me up. (:

And oh my goshhh! I just use the Crest whitening strips and I can already see a difference...it's great! But I say go for it if you've heard it's good! Lol! (:

Day...115?: Wellll, just as missmooshoo007 predicted...the dance was great! I(think)looked great and better...I felt great! Best I've felt in awhile...Didn't worry about anything! Not even my acne! It was loads of fun! (:

Nothing's really changed...cept for the fact that I forgot to take my accutane tonight...crap! oh wellll, it's bout midnight...i don't feel like eating anything. (:

Thanks for all the support as always you guys! I'll be keepin you updated soon!

With love...Me. (:

Day 100: Pretty much the same as always. Chapped lips, still have dry skin...same old same old. Visited the dermatogolist yesterday. He said to help to take a pill twice a day called Ciprofloxacin...Anybody ever taken it before? I'd like to know a little bit more about it before I start taking it! Also, my period is all outta whack. Lol. Any other girls out there still having really weird times for their periods starting even when they're on their 4th month or more of Accutane? Thanks guys; it really does mean alot to hear other people tell me how they're doing and that I'm not the only one! (:

DO NOT take this medication if you do not have to. It is almost worse than the disease itself.

The same concerns Levofloxacin, Moxifloxacin, Norfloxacin and other Flurochinolones!

http://www.fqresearch.org/pdf_files/FLOX_REPORT_REV_11.pdf

http://noquinolones.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://www.topix.com/forum/med/TD09SAE1V11FOETJ2/p2

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_sh...-joins-the.html

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/levaquin/T...BQ9L7CVGMQ5I/p4

http://www.youhavealawyer.com/blog/2008/07...tendon-rupture/

http://www.zifflaw.com/NYInjuryLawBlog/cip...n-rupture-cases

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/youropinio...?opinionid=6421

http://blogs.jwatch.org/hiv-id-observation...no-one-noticed/

http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/rxlist_v...nid=fdb8235_pid

http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/rxlist_v...ionid=fdb93_pid

http://fqvictims.org/fqvictims/index.htm

http://www.antibiotics.org/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/fluoroquinolones/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/fluoroquinolones/

http://www.medications.com/se/cipro

http://www.medications.com/se/levaquin

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?...gth&order=0

http://www.askapatient.com/viewratings.asp...sort=Timelength

Edited by pm2

faithinhim: Thank you! I'm glad that I could have one also! (:

pm2: Oh my...thanks for telling me all this stuff bout it! I haven't tooken one yet, me and my mom were talking about it a few days ago wondering whether or not to take some or not! I guess I won't now...thanks for telling me though!

Day 120...: Got nothing really important to report. Same ol, same ol basically. It's fine, but it's not great, but it's not terrible either. Got some more dry skin than usual I think, but that's probably my fault for skipping nights not caking the Cetaphil onto my face. Goshhh, I just wish I could hurry up and be off of this medicine so that my skin can be crystal clear! Hopefully it'll get somewhat better since school is now out, and I don't have to deal with all that crap.

I'll keep you guys updated, as usual! (:

Day I don't know and don't really care: Wow, I haven't updated this thing in forever. Accutane's going good. Rather than some redness (nothing that a little Retin-A and Cetaphil mixed together can't solve) I can say that my skin looks pretty good! I'll be on vacation soon so I'm anxious to see how I'll act now that my skin doesn't look half that bad. :)