Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jennifer2010

SPIRO & LATE PERIOD!!

HELLO EVERYONE....I JUST RECENTLY WAS PRESCRIBED SPIRO FOR MY HORMONAL ACNE, I DO NOT TAKE THE BCP. I AM 35 AND JUST SO DARN FED UP HAVING ACNE AT MY AGE...I BREAK OUT ALONG MY JAWLINE WITH CYSTIC ACNE. WELL I STARTED TO TAKE THE SPIRO ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO, AND TOOK IT FOR ABOUT 4-5 DAYS, THEN I STOPPED...STARTED TO READ ABOUT HOW IT CAN CAUSE TUMORS. WELL.....MY QUESTION IS....I ALWAYS HAVE REGULAR PERIODS, BUT I AM ON DAY 31 AND STILL NO PERIOD!! I HAVE ALL THE PMS SYMPTOMS BUT NO PERIOD YET? I AM A HEALTHY 35 YEAR OLD. ANY SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS/EXPERIENCES WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL TO ME. I HATE THIS BATTLE WITH ACNE!!

THANK YOU :rolleyes:

For me it was the opposite. My cycle immediately became regular, but shorter. Before Spiro my period was all over the place. After I started, I went from 55 days to 33 days. Then once I added 25 mg more each day it went down to 20 days.

My cycle is very long with spiro. It used to be pretty regular as well, between days 28-31 I'd get my period. Now, sometimes 45 days pass and I get my period. It's so strange, I thought it would make them shorter but it has made them drastically longer. Not that I mind really :)