Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay326

Juice Fasting?

I know that fasting is a semi popular idea around these boards. I tried water fasting a few different times, the furthest I could make it was to 3 days. By the 3rd day I literally felt dead and couldn't move or function.

So I'm wondering, who here has tried juice fasting? And what kind of juice did you use? Did you notice any benefits? I'm thinking about trying to do a juice fast with V8 juice. It's healthy (I think) and tastes good.

Thoughts?

I did a lemon juice fast. I thought lemon would help detoxify better from what I've read around here and other websites. I did - once a day, add organic powdered garlic to my lemon juice (which was the Realemon brand, but I did water it down about 2 parts lemon juice, 1 part water). I think that may have helped because of garlic is apparently a natural antibiotic. Just like a tablespoon into my morning glass. Also all the water I drank was mixed ATLEAST 3 parts water to 1 part lemon. I aimed to drink about 12 cups a day - usually did a little more. I kept doing everything I would normally do, to keep it regular and boost effects. I found later day 2 and early day 3 my poop and pee started to just REAK!! But it went away with time ... so I assume there was alot more toxins flushed out at that point. I went 5 days - that was all I could do. I did have an initial breakout, I'm assuming because it was a detox and flushes the body, so that is bound the happen. But I stuck with my normal regimen and everything went well.

My skin looked better at the end and for about 2 weeks after. I pretty much eat very healthy, I don't eat chips or crap like that at all. So I guess it produced more short-term effects for my skin. But I also lost 3 pounds in just the 5 days and after it was over I started feeling more awake, less tired, more energy and everything! It was great. I recommend you atleast try it.

I heard pomegranate juice is AMAZING for juice fasting.

Paul, well...I guess? I don't remember breaking out much during that period but it's like...you gotta eat at some point? So maybe it would be good if you have an important event coming up, fast for 2 days before I suppose. But in long term, I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you follow it up with a really healthy diet maybe.

SKguy, I actually mix lemon with my water a few times a day too. I read pretty much what you read about it supposed to be helpful. Perhaps I'll try this fast :D

-

Edited by Guest

My fellow sufferers, lend me your ears!

Paul, I like where your head is at, my man. I'm also considering starting a water fast for kicks. Yeah, like for fun, because I'm f*cking crazed at this point. So over this acne b.s. Recently made it 36 hours on agua before I started having wet dreams about every food imaginable (When the thought of plain rice elicited an erection, I knew I was in trouble.)

That being said, I've tried every stupid regimen on this site, and the masochist in me likes this whole idea of fasting. Personally, I've gotten so paranoid that I can't eat food without fearing it will break me out. The answer: F*CK food! I'm down to chug water for the next 3-5 days if y'all will join me.

I'm not talking about some biblical 40-day fast—just a few days to see if there's any validity to this fasting fad. It makes sense (then again, everything on this site made sense to me at some point), and I'm all about fasting if it restores my sexy.

Take off the skirts, fellas. Let's doooo this! (Cue barbarian war cry followed by death metal breakdown)

And what are you going to do after the fast?

From what I read, it's important to ease your way back into solid foods. After the initial water fast, you move to fruit and vegetable juices, then nuts, seeds, and fruits, and finally solid foods.

I agree the fast is pointless long-term if you don't adopt a strict raw food diet afterward, but I choose to look at it as an elimination diet of sorts. If certain foods trigger your acne, they shouldn't be too tough to pinpoint following the fast. I'm curious to see how I react—physically and mentally.

At the very least it's a challenge, and challenges are always easier when you're facing them with other people.

My fellow sufferers, lend me your ears!

Paul, I like where your head is at, my man. I'm also considering starting a water fast for kicks. Yeah, like for fun, because I'm f*cking crazed at this point. So over this acne b.s. Recently made it 36 hours on agua before I started having wet dreams about every food imaginable (When the thought of plain rice elicited an erection, I knew I was in trouble.)

That being said, I've tried every stupid regimen on this site, and the masochist in me likes this whole idea of fasting. Personally, I've gotten so paranoid that I can't eat food without fearing it will break me out. The answer: F*CK food! I'm down to chug water for the next 3-5 days if y'all will join me.

I'm not talking about some biblical 40-day fast—just a few days to see if there's any validity to this fasting fad. It makes sense (then again, everything on this site made sense to me at some point), and I'm all about fasting if it restores my sexy.

Take off the skirts, fellas. Let's doooo this! (Cue barbarian war cry followed by death metal breakdown)

Take off the skirts? Just what are you implying about about those of us who wear skirts?

I've done a 3 day fast...and I did it while wearing dresses and skirts. ;)

So really, ANYONE can get clear and stay clear by doing a fast followed by a raw food diet? I mean geez I would kill to be clear but that diet sounds awful. What do you guys eat raw?

A thousand apologies, Maria, for my quasi-sexist remark. Ironically, considering you've already done a 3-day fast, you're more man than me! Also, if wearing skirts and/or dresses makes fasting easier, I'd gladly adorn myself in said garments.

And Jay, honestly, I doubt this would work for everyone, and yeah, the diet sounds f'n awful. Maybe it's curiosity, maybe it's boredom, but I wanna give it a try—just to see what happens. Hell, it's worth a shot.

So really, ANYONE can get clear and stay clear by doing a fast followed by a raw food diet? I mean geez I would kill to be clear but that diet sounds awful. What do you guys eat raw?

It's really a personal preference. I thought it'd be awful switching to whole grain bread when I first did it - but then you get used to it, like anything else. I also thought diet soda was the most awful thing in the world, until I drank it regularly.

Granted, I don't consume these things anymore - a diet soda on occasion - but you certainly get used to eating a certain way. You've become accustomed to eating your current diet, so it'll be difficult to break. However, once you start witnessing the rewards, you'll likely want to stick to it.

I don't eat strictly a raw food diet because I think meat and eggs are important to good health. I just eat a large portion of raw foods. Granted, you may be able to get away with eating the same foods, cooked, with no problems (veggies for instance). I'm just lazy and like 'em raw.

No, it's not easy - at first, but it gets easier with time and there really are several recipes and meals you can prepare following the diet that are FAR from boring or awful.

I have heard that orange juice fasting is good.If last time u fasted for only 3 days next time try doing it for a 4th day and just build up. ive done a fast for 20 days and then ate healthy but still didint help with my acne.but did make my digestive system feel better. just wondering what regimine are you on?I have horrible acne i bet its worse than yours.I also feel like you but have to go to school and work which i hate because it makes me feel like a monster compared to all the others.I soon as i turned 19 on january my main purpose has been trying to get rid of this continuing acne problem.I try to hide my acne whenever i have school by putting a hoodie all the time. Let me know the past acne products u have used and current.

Wow 20 days dude? That's some real willpower, congrats. I'm not on any regimen right now. I did recently buy zinc and liquid chlorophyll and been taking both for about a week, I haven't noticed any change, possibly even worse. I've tried soooooooooo many things to get rid of acne, both internally and externally. I've done the fast, supplements like B5, MSM, multivitamins, fish oil, etc. Externally I've used homemade remedies like lemon juice, honey, aspirin masks, etc. Also things like Proactive, Skin ID, part of Dan's regimen, and tons more things.

However in a few days I do believe I'm gonna try a raw diet. It seems like the best way to find out if food affects acne, which I do believe it does, to a great extent. Along with this I'm gonna be trying to a new facial regimen. I've become friends with a member on this site and she started her own skin care line after she cleared up her skin. I'm gonna be testing it out for her =)