Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashreynolds1

Good Moisturizer that is Oil Free and Non-Comedogenic

Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some insight into which moisturizers are best for oily, acne prone skin? I need something that is non-comedogenic and oil free. I have tried Clinique's Oil Free Dramatically Different Gel, but it does not seem to do anything positive to my face, if anything is just makes my breakouts worse. I feel like I break out with tiny little pimples and bumps around my mouth and chin when I use it. I have Olay Total Effects Moisturizer that is oil free and non-comedogenic, with SPF 15, that I use in the day. Any suggestions for something I can use at night? I feel like this is a little heavy for night, and I don't really need SPF when I am asleep :) Also, I can't afford something really expensive... Thank you!!

I have tried Clinique's Oil Free Dramatically Different Gel, but it does not seem to do anything positive to my face, if anything is just makes my breakouts worse. I feel like I break out with tiny little pimples and bumps around my mouth and chin when I use it.

Totally agree that Clinique isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I've tried MANY different lotions, but the one I keep going back to is Aveeno.

I really like the products that Aveeno puts out.

I use the "Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer" it has SPF 15, and you really shouldn't use SPF moisturizers before you sleep, so I guess whenever your olay runs out you can try Aveeno as your daily moisturizer.

As for a night moisturizer?

Hmm, I know Avon makes a few lines that are for moisturizing at night.

But, for me I use good old Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) on my dry spots at night.

If I need to put a moisturizer over my whole face I use "Oil-free Neutrogena- Sensitive Skin" Moisturizer (lovee it!!), and then apply Vaseline. I love Vaseline, it's such a life saver.

But if you ever try Vaseline, don't use it in the morning!! bc it makes your skin looks waxy/oily! :P

But I have never broken out from either Aveeno, Neutrogena, or Vaseline.. but then again they don't really "help" with acne though. They are all fairy inexpensive.

I think Aveeno may be about $15 (but it last at least 3 months)

Neutrogena was about $10 or $15 as well

and Vaseline is under $5.

But you don't really need to get them all. I think the Neutrogena would be best for you (:

hope I helped (:

Edited by mslily009

Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 15 has always worked well for me. They have a bunch of other ones with different things in it or one's for sensitive skin, but the regular Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 15 is the one.

Its light, doesn't feel greasy and one pump is all you need for the day.

Lastly, I would only moisturizer once a day, preferably in the morning, there's no need to do it twice a day or get a different one for night unless you have severely dry skin. With summer here I don't think that will be a problem.

PANIC