Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my face has just recently cleared up from a bad breakout that lasted a few months and now I have all these super tiny holes on my cheeks. They are hardly noticeable and you can only see them when the light shines on them. They just make my skin look a little uneven.. are these marks that will eventually go away? My skin is still in the healing process and they don't seem deep enough to be permanent. Also, would getting microdermabrasion fix this? :think:

Edited by HelloyKitty30

I have the exact same problem. You can't see the holes from a distance but when I get really close to mirror they are all there. I am thinking mine are scarred pores, because I have ice pick and they do not look similar. I have a derm appointment in a week or so about them. I will let you know what i find out! I am hoping microdermabrasion will help

I have the exact same problem. You can't see the holes from a distance but when I get really close to mirror they are all there. I am thinking mine are scarred pores, because I have ice pick and they do not look similar. I have a derm appointment in a week or so about them. I will let you know what i find out! I am hoping microdermabrasion will help

Oh thank you! Yeah I am gonna get microdermabrasion this summer when I have the time. They seem to be getting less noticeable day by day so maybe I won't even need to have it done by then! But I probably will anyway just to get rid of some of those red spots..

Oh thank you! Yeah I am gonna get microdermabrasion this summer when I have the time. They seem to be getting less noticeable day by day so maybe I won't even need to have it done by then! But I probably will anyway just to get rid of some of those red spots..

Microderm helped my cheeks look smoother, but it didn't help with the ice pick scarring. I think the only methods that work are excision or TCA cross, but I could be mistaken. If they're small enough, fractional laser at a high enough setting might help.