Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heey guys !

I've been off Accutane for NEARLY a month now, after taking it for 2 months (stopped early) (:

I was just wondering (because I've heard), that if it was fine to undergo a light chemical peel (after 1 month OFF Accutane).

***All this is in regards to hyperpigmentation treatment.

And whether there are alternatives to this which produce good results ?

Eg. Heard about some Baking Soda + Lemon related treatments.

I've been using Emu Oil at night as part of a regimen, and yeah, everythings great, except for the red marks.

I'd greatly appreciate it if I could get some ideas/help.

:)

I'd use something gentle for at least another month or so; your skin is most likely still a bit sensitive from the Accutane course even though it was pretty short.

I think after another month or so you can start using a gentle product to help you exfoliate. Mandelic Acid in a low concentration might be a good bet.

PANIC

Can you guys recommend me a good UK site that sells 30-50-70 glycolic acids?

I see them on ebay for 10 gbp but I can't use ebay.

I'd use something gentle for at least another month or so; your skin is most likely still a bit sensitive from the Accutane course even though it was pretty short.

I think after another month or so you can start using a gentle product to help you exfoliate. Mandelic Acid in a low concentration might be a good bet.

PANIC

Ohh true. Yeah, agreed. To be on the safe side.

I was also thinking about maybe exfoliating? Don't know which would be better to try first.

But I heard stuff about Lactic Acid Peels?

Heard they're weak.

Oh right you mentioned it hahaha. You reckon using Mandelic Acid to exfoliate? I'm not really a pro when it comes to exfoliation. Never really did it in the past.

Cheers !

Hey,

The great thing about Mandelic Acid is its a serum and you simply apply a thin layer to your face after you use your cleanser. I use a 10% concentration from a brand called Nucelle, the best place I've found to get it is at skincarerx.com

You have to let it dry, (15-30 minutes) and then its vital to moisturize. I have been using it for about two months, although most people use it twice a day, I started off really slow (2x a week), then stepped it up to once a day for the past 6-7 weeks. It definitely helps red marks fade, but takes time.

I'm currently in the process of researching chemical peels as well. I'm going to most likely do a lactic or glycolic peel in about a month, I have light red marks and I'm pretty sure they would fade in time, but I'm impatient and I want them gone now!! LOL

I've heard its important to "prep" the skin by using some type of alpha hydroxy for a week or two before you do a peel anyway, so mandelic acid or a glycolic acid wash might be good to start off with...

I've noticed a dramatic difference in skin tone, and my skin has a healthy shine to it now. Wow that sounds way gay, but you get the picture.

PANIC