Notifications
Clear all

Clinique Dark Spot Corrector

MemberMember
(@hopeful123)

Posted : 05/13/2010 5:56 am

I'm about to try this treatment, I've been lucky enough to be given a sample of the Dark Spot Corrector to test - I will post photos each week to see how it's working! Has anyone tried this treatment?

MemberMember
(@hopeful123)

Posted : 05/24/2010 6:59 am

Well here they are - the dreaded 'before' pics. I've started using the treatments this weekend - the Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector morning and evening along with the Clinique Even Better Skin Tone correcting moisturizer SPF 15.

The rest of my routine will be fairly simple: Wash with Cetaphil, then use the treatments.

I'd tested out the products on a small area on my face during the week to make sure it didn't react badly to my skin, and was glad to discover it felt very gentle and absorbed in easily. It contains salycilic acid which is good to control breakouts but didn't sting my skin like BP did.

Anyway, I'll update the pics each week (as whenever I'm looking to try something I'm always curious to see what it actually does - not just the 'before and afters' provided by the company trying to sell a product) - so hopefully this will help people who also want to see really objective results.

post-42022-1274701686_thumb.jpg

post-42022-1274701719_thumb.jpg

post-42022-1274701686_thumb.jpg

post-42022-1274701719_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 05/24/2010 7:03 am

nice i like clinique stuff. i was thinking of giving this a go but currently i am trying the 3 step anti blemish to see if that keeps spots at bay

it mentions on cliniques website that the sun can break you out (after the summer) so wearing an spf is recommended. how much truth is in that !

worried :o

MemberMember
(@memyselfi)

Posted : 05/24/2010 9:17 am

Hi,

I bought this Clinique Clinical Dark Spot Corrector (there are 2 formulas, the newest is the Clinical version which is better) about 7 weeks ago and have used it daily since.

After 1 week I noticed that my makeup went on much more smoothly (probably because it contains silicon) and my skin felt a lot smoother. After about 3 weeks I thought I could see some improvement to some of my older hyperpigmentation marks on my cheeks. And now after 7 weeks I can see a definite improvement, it‚„s subtle but its there. I think to see a real improvement I‚„ll need to continue using it morning and night for another couple of months.

If your looking for a miracle or results within a week/month then this is not for you (to be honest there isn‚„t anything that can), you must stick to the directions of applying it to clean skin morning and night, followed by a spf of at least 30 (you must use spf)‚¦. I‚„ve seen reviews from people that tried it for a couple of weeks and binned it after it didn‚„t clear there skin within that time. Well don‚„t bother buying it if your that type of person, for one thing its expensive (50euro here in Ireland).

In the past I‚„ve tried microdermabrasion, different types of chemical peels, scrubs, face masks‚¦..etc you name it. So far this is the only thing that has worked for me. :D

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 05/24/2010 9:47 am

Hi,

I bought this Clinique Clinical Dark Spot Corrector (there are 2 formulas, the newest is the Clinical version which is better) about 7 weeks ago and have used it daily since.

After 1 week I noticed that my makeup went on much more smoothly (probably because it contains silicon) and my skin felt a lot smoother. After about 3 weeks I thought I could see some improvement to some of my older hyperpigmentation marks on my cheeks. And now after 7 weeks I can see a definite improvement, it™s subtle but its there. I think to see a real improvement I™ll need to continue using it morning and night for another couple of months.

If your looking for a miracle or results within a week/month then this is not for you (to be honest there isn™t anything that can), you must stick to the directions of applying it to clean skin morning and night, followed by a spf of at least 30 (you must use spf)¦. I™ve seen reviews from people that tried it for a couple of weeks and binned it after it didn™t clear there skin within that time. Well don™t bother buying it if your that type of person, for one thing its expensive (50euro here in Ireland).

In the past I™ve tried microdermabrasion, different types of chemical peels, scrubs, face masks¦..etc you name it. So far this is the only thing that has worked for me. :D

everywhere i read it says wear an spf! i need one that wont break me out or anything.. do clinique do one? my mum bought the spf 30 for face, it dosnt say its oil free and i swear it caused a few clogged pores on my skin.

so what can i do. obviously this is a crucial step in fighting these dark marks?

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 05/24/2010 10:13 am

Hey, I ironically also got this product today, my mom went out to buy it. I'm skeptical and really not expecting much... just hoping that it helps to somewhat speed up the healing process of my PIH. It does seem pretty gentle though, I applied it to a spot on my face to see if my skin has any reactions to it... but so far so good! I'll let you know how it goes also...

Ciao

MemberMember
(@memyselfi)

Posted : 05/24/2010 10:25 am

Hi the SPF I use is Clinique's City Block factor 30, its oil free and doesnt block my pores. Its the only sun cream Ive ever used that doesnt make my face totally shiny and break out!! Its a bit more expensive than drug store cream, here in Ireland it was 20euro...I guess in america its about 18-22dollars. It looks like a small enough tube but I think Ill probably get about 6 months out of it (maybe more)

MemberMember
(@memyselfi)

Posted : 05/24/2010 10:29 am

To Ciao

Your not meant to just apply it to certain spots. Your meant to apply it to the whole face (and neck if its affected by marks). The cream is supposed to even out the skin tone, if you only apply it to certain areas you will be left with uneven skin tone.

Read the instruction which come with the product or go onto the website if they where not in the box.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 05/24/2010 11:12 am

It's a dark spot corrector... SPOT. lol

Plus if that was meant for my whole face twice a day then the bottle would be finished in a week, ya hurd meh?!?!

MemberMember
(@memyselfi)

Posted : 05/24/2010 4:04 pm

eh yeah for the dark spots on your face....look Ive read reviews from people that have been using it for many weeks. A number of people didnt follow the instructions (or didnt bother reading them..) and just applied it to there dark spots. These people where left with white halo's around the darks spots, where the "normal" skin went a lighter shade than the rest of there face.

Yeah its an expense product, it will last about 3 months, but thats what you get with a higher end product.

I was just trying to give you some helpful advice, from some one thats been using it for 7 weeks but hey go ahead and just apply it to your dark SPOTS....

MemberMember
(@fraz_2010)

Posted : 05/24/2010 4:54 pm

You call them dark spots lol

You don't need to apply any cream.

Just drink 8 glasses of water a day and take a couple of multi v's and those marks will be gone in 1-2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 05/24/2010 5:09 pm

It's a dark spot corrector... SPOT. lol

Plus if that was meant for my whole face twice a day then the bottle would be finished in a week, ya hurd meh?!?!

Whole face, twice a day. Salicylic acid will also help prevent new breakouts as it's comedolytic and also exfoliates within the pore itself, not just on the skin. The gentle exfoliating effect of (probably 2%) salicylic acid helps even out the entire facial skin.

SA is a great treatment for red marks/dark marks or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Just drink 8 glasses of water a day and take a couple of multi v's and those marks will be gone in 1-2 weeks.

Yep, this is the Red/Dark marks left after acne forum.

And dark marks, red marks don't always go away so quickly on their own.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 05/24/2010 5:16 pm

Hi the SPF I use is Clinique's City Block factor 30, its oil free and doesnt block my pores. Its the only sun cream Ive ever used that doesnt make my face totally shiny and break out!! Its a bit more expensive than drug store cream, here in Ireland it was 20euro...I guess in america its about 18-22dollars. It looks like a small enough tube but I think Ill probably get about 6 months out of it (maybe more)

thanks :D i shall buy it! i live in uk so hope they do it here to (is it this > ? http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1661/586...pl#BVRRWidgetID )

I also recently started the 3 step anti blemish and i dont know how much of each step to use,

mainly the 3rd step.. anywhere to give me instructions on that? thanks in advanced :D

MemberMember
(@kristiers)

Posted : 05/24/2010 10:07 pm

haha yeah water and vitamins definitely don't clear up scars. If that was the case people wouldn't be spending millions of dollars to erase scars and my skin would look amazing since I drink about a gallon of water a day

MemberMember
(@memyselfi)

Posted : 05/25/2010 3:00 am

To .JackTheLad.

Sorry the SPF I use is factor 40, Im sure that one is fine too, here's a link to the one Ive been using:

http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1661/623...F-40/index.tmpl

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 05/25/2010 3:19 am

To .JackTheLad.

Sorry the SPF I use is factor 40, Im sure that one is fine too, here's a link to the one Ive been using:

http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1661/623...F-40/index.tmpl

thanks ;)

does it matter they refer to it as being a make up primer? what ever that is lol.

factor 40 might be a bit to much for me in the uk. i'll never tan LOL

MemberMember
(@memyselfi)

Posted : 05/25/2010 4:19 am

oh I never thought of that!! oops. Well when the lady at the Clinique counter sold it to me she described it as a very light tinted moisteriser....I dont think it would even pass as that. Ive uber pale skin, my skin is almost transparent, and when I rub this in I cant see any colour or change to my skin. If it is a concern for you maybe you could drop into a deparment store where they sell Clinique to test it first before you buy.

MemberMember
(@hellokitty1987)

Posted : 05/27/2010 10:37 pm

There's Clinique's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, AND there's Even Better Skin Tone Corrector. The dark spot corrector is $10.00 more for the same size. There's also the Even Better moisturizer and makeup. So the dark spot corrector one is the new and improved version of the skin tone corrector? Does anyone know what the difference is specifically? I plan on going to the mall and asking at the Clinique counter myself, so I'll report back.

MemberMember
(@grace-l)

Posted : 07/12/2013 10:07 pm

I started using this product a few months ago i believe & i absolutely LOVE it! i will probably use this product until the day i die! it not only fades my acne scars like no other, but it also doubles as the best moisutirzer i have ever tried/used. i only use this at night because i just like to use a thin moisturizer under my makeup in the morning. my night routine consists of - acne.org cleanser, treatment, AHA+, and finally, clinique dark spot correcter. hope this helped! if you have any questions for me ro anything, feel free to send me a message! :)

MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 07/13/2013 6:13 pm

I'm 3/4 weeks into this product, i'll post pics in a few weeks. Haven't noticed any difference in the spots yet. I'm using Clinique's laser repair wear for the texture of my forehead and it has helped alot. The texture on my forehead/sides have been different since I had severe acne because of all the pimples/products I used to treat it and this product has been doing its job ^_^