Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.JacktheLad.

power of the mind

this is going to sound odd but.. if you think in your head, im going to get a spot there (chin or something) will you actually get a spot there?

also another really weird thing, and ive noticed a few others who have confirmed this to..

why is it you get spots that are symetrical? as in, you get one 1cm down from the outer of your lip, then a week or days later you get one in the same place but on the opposite side?

this seriously happens to me without fail.

I am wondering then if somehow the spots are to do with something diet related or how the body functions?

i went out last sunday and drank to many vodka redbull's. the last time I drunk a redbull my face exploded. it didnt this time, however i noticed I got a spot on my upper cheek and I only got one there the last time i had a redbull.

but going back to original point, can you make a spot appear? and whats with the symitry

Edited by want2beme

I don't think that you can make spots appear just by thinking that they will. However, after having lots of break outs, you can usually identify the areas on your face where you tend to break out often. I think that this is what has been happening to you.

Some people, especially those in the field of Chinese medicine, think that if you tend to break out in one particular area, it might be related to a problem in one part of your body. If you're interested in finding out more about their theory, you can look at this page: tcm.health-info.org/Dermatology/Dermatology%20pages/acne.htm

As for diet, I think that it is definitely related to your acne in some way. Try to stay away from foods or drinks that you know will definitely break you out.

Hope that helps.

hey thanks for the reply :-*

yeah chinese medicine beleive that dont they, I will stay away from those drinks for sure, I had no choice in the matter last weekend. you know how it is!

going to check out that link you shared

x

I think you have something there...I used to have bad cystic acne, like 4 or 5 BIG nodules on my face. A few days ago, I was thinking about how I used to break out like that, and I thought in my head how I haven't had a cyst in a really long time. I then visualized what it was like with my cystic acne and what happened? The next day, literally, I woke up to 2 swollen areas that hurt, which a few days later developed into 2 cysts and right now, I am battling them and they hurt and I am freaking out because tommorow I have to attend a wedding with a ton of people! Anyways, I think you can think about them and get them, I thought about it and looked what happened to me. I am actually trying to see if I can visualize clear skin and maybe that will help. Ill have to do more research tho.

I think you have something there...I used to have bad cystic acne, like 4 or 5 BIG nodules on my face. A few days ago, I was thinking about how I used to break out like that, and I thought in my head how I haven't had a cyst in a really long time. I then visualized what it was like with my cystic acne and what happened? The next day, literally, I woke up to 2 swollen areas that hurt, which a few days later developed into 2 cysts and right now, I am battling them and they hurt and I am freaking out because tommorow I have to attend a wedding with a ton of people! Anyways, I think you can think about them and get them, I thought about it and looked what happened to me. I am actually trying to see if I can visualize clear skin and maybe that will help. Ill have to do more research tho.

yeah! I swear that can happen and does! I think it's a bit like dream supression. like when you have a built up thought on your mind all day that that thought will come into a dream that night,..

I think a similar thing can be said about acne etc.

Want2beme......I should put this comment on your other thread put since we are here............

You know its bad when.....you think you can make spots appear...HaHaHa

yeah! I swear that can happen and does! I think it's a bit like dream supression. like when you have a built up thought on your mind all day that that thought will come into a dream that night,..

I think a similar thing can be said about acne etc.

I think its a subconcious mind thing...manifesting and all that. The mind is a powerful thing, I just didn't know how powerful it was with the body. I am wondering...if you can pretty much manifest acne couldn't you manifest clear skin? I have been trying to visual clear skin, but it seems like when I think about acne, I get that way easier than I get clear skin.

Want2beme......I should put this comment on your other thread put since we are here............

You know its bad when.....you think you can make spots appear...HaHaHa

mwhaha nice one, yeh its very bad when,... lol! :clap:

pink, yeah your right it is a subconcious thing. im still intreaged by people who get symetrical spots. there has to be something in that !

I definitely think if you try and think less about spots, and don't pick or touch your face thoughout the day(well not much,we all know how hard that is lol) that you don't brakout as much.

I feel that if you simply follow your regimine and do nothing else apart fom stay fit and eat healthily that you don't really break out :)

And what are those symetrical wpots about, I sometimes get them and wonder is it some kind of joke haha. Also does anyone ever breakout on like just one side of there face? Like one week the left is bad, then the next week the right is bad or something like that ?

I definitely think if you try and think less about spots, and don't pick or touch your face thoughout the day(well not much,we all know how hard that is lol) that you don't brakout as much.

I feel that if you simply follow your regimine and do nothing else apart fom stay fit and eat healthily that you don't really break out :)

And what are those symetrical wpots about, I sometimes get them and wonder is it some kind of joke haha. Also does anyone ever breakout on like just one side of there face? Like one week the left is bad, then the next week the right is bad or something like that ?

tyeah there has got to be something going there about the symetrical spots.. like ive got a lump under my ear (small cyst) and then week later there is on under my right ear, exactly the same place!!!!!!! wtf seriously.

and yeh one time i had a normal looking right cheek but the left was shot to bits, then 3 weeks later right side broke out and left healed up.

something has got to be going on there that isnt right

Interesting idea about the mind being able to let spots appear (or disappear). And what do you know: it may be true! I read some research on it and I must have a pdf somewhere about how to heal your skin with your mind, written by some Ph.D's. I'll look it up and attach it here if it's not too big.

JacktheLad: did you change your name? I'm pretty sure I read some posts before, but with a different name.

Yes, that happens to me, as well. Though recently, I haven't developed many new spots at all. Only a few whiteheads here and there.

akl nice find, goin to have to read that little by little.

yeh i name changed! power of the mind is interesting, they say we only use 10% of our brain dont they?

Definately. Look less in the mirror, and try forget about them, spots will gradually disappear!