Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EdzJohnson

Any Advice, I'm about to start accutane!

Hi Everyone,

I start my accutane treatment tomorrow, any advice, recommendations, ect? If you've been on it can I expect good results from it? It's mainly for my back acne.

Thanks in advance. :)

Congratulations on starting. You are on your way to clear skin! There's always the exception, but you will find most people have great success on Accutane. You probably know all of these tips but I'll throw them out there to you just in case.

Put Aquaphor on your lips at night and keep chapstick with you all the time. (I put a lot of Aquaphor on them at night and it has really helped keep my lips from chapping bad, right now they're just tight in the morning and get a bit dry during the day).

Find a good moisturizer to use especially at night (I use Vanicream for extra dry spots).

Eye drops and nose spray. I use standard saline spray for my nose every night and it helps.

Most importantly, don't use any other topicals, as tempting as it is, just let Accutane do it's thing. You may break out worse before it gets better. Try not to get discouraged. This is normal. Drink lots of water and remember to take your pill with food, something "fatty."

Good luck!!

Get a good moisturizer. Euccerin was the only one that worked for me while on tane. Your skin will be VERY dry, your lips will try and peel themselves away.