Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yith

Red Scalp and Hair Thinning - Related to Acne?

I'm not sure where else to post this. I have had acne for a while and many months ago went on the regimen and am nearly all clear, but I do get lazy and don't always follow it as strictly as I used to. I've always had a few small bumps on my scalp which I figured were acne, but it was on my head so I didn't really care.

Well I've been keeping my hair short, it was about 3-4 weeks since I had last cut it to about 1/8th of an inch or something like that. I didn't notice any problems with my scalp. Well a few days ago I cut it again to 1/8th and noticed that it looked like hair was starting to thin there.. it's blotchy and apparently all over my scalp. Everywhere it looks like there is hair missing there is also pink scalp. I'm starting to freak out about it as I don't know what it is and don't want to have to go to the doctor over it.

Anyone think this could be related to acne or know what might be causing this? I'm not sure where else I could post something like this.

So far my searching has come up with:

Scalp Ringworm

Scalp Psoriasis

Seborrhoeic dermatitis

Here are some pics,

Thanks for any help.

I shaved my head completely to make sure the spots weren't just from a bad shave before

webmd2.jpg

webmd.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

This is when I first noticed

webmd5.jpg

webmd4.jpg

webmd3.jpg

Not sure why the pictures won't link properly.

Edited by Yith