Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jane_Eyre

Weaning myself off Tretinoin

Well, I have been using tretinoin .05% cream every night religiously for the past 4 months. It has rid me of my horrible acne and my skin is 500 times better than it was 4 months ago, but now I want to start using it every other night... but I'm worried that I will start breaking out again. I also use Duac every morning. It is too soon? Should I keep using it every night and for how much longer? Has anyone slowly decreased their retinoid usage and did you notice any new breakouts? Did your skin appearance in general look better or worse? Thanks to anyone who replies...

Well, I have been using tretinoin .05% cream every night religiously for the past 4 months. It has rid me of my horrible acne and my skin is 500 times better than it was 4 months ago, but now I want to start using it every other night... but I'm worried that I will start breaking out again. I also use Duac every morning. It is too soon? Should I keep using it every night and for how much longer? Has anyone slowly decreased their retinoid usage and did you notice any new breakouts? Did your skin appearance in general look better or worse? Thanks to anyone who replies...

If it has done wonders for your skin, why would you stop? I'm using Avene Retrinal .05, and I see no reason at all to stop. It is not drying at all, in fact, my face is really soft after it has been on all night. My face is slightly dry at night BEFORE putting it on, but I haven't used moisturizer lately since it got warm out. Maybe try the Avene, and you won't feel like you're putting something harmful on your skin. I've never used Tretinoin, so I can't speak on why you think it's not good for long term use.