Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothmove

needling: results so far

These are just the initial stages, and I expect to see more improvement within time. you can't see the full detail obviously, but what I am seeing are little bundles of collagen that are growing slowly after needling and not from microswelling

Edited by smoothmove

I meant to say that the left one is before a lot of the needling that went on.

i can see the effort youve put in and you're looking great. just wondering though, your scar could probably be filled with a permanent filler and be perfect like instantly..so why needling? is it because it soooo much cheaper?

thanks, monkey. Yes, exactly. because needling is wayyy cheaper and I think perhaps much safer than other alternatives. I mean, I've spent like 5 bucks per box of relion lancets from walmart, without burning my skin or bruising it.

I've thought about fillers. It would probably work well for these rolling scars too. But I don't have a lot of money, or the means to travel to get something like a permanent filler. Plus, permanent fillers kinda scare me, I would want the very best doc to insert it.

I suppose I feel alright at the moment making myself more presentable with needling. Even if there is something slightly left over after more needling down the line, I will still be much more satisfied than where I began.

thanks, monkey. Yes, exactly. because needling is wayyy cheaper and I think perhaps much safer than other alternatives. I mean, I've spent like 5 bucks per box of relion lancets from walmart, without burning my skin or bruising it.

I've thought about fillers. It would probably work well for these rolling scars too. But I don't have a lot of money, or the means to travel to get something like a permanent filler. Plus, permanent fillers kinda scare me, I would want the very best doc to insert it.

I suppose I feel alright at the moment making myself more presentable with needling. Even if there is something slightly left over after more needling down the line, I will still be much more satisfied than where I began.

I've heard horror stories, even on here, about fillers and how f-ed up people's faces can look if it isn't done right. So yeah, you would have to save a lot to go to the best doctor right? But anyway your scar looks way better!!! Kudos :)

I don't even remember how many scars are in there that got connected like that. It was from a mixture of recurring cysts, retin-a use, and perhaps that top part had been crossed just a little too strongly. Anyway, I hate them because I think they make me look older. They are really not that deep, it's just that I got lucky with some hypertrophic scarring underneath to only accentuate them :/

I don't even remember how many scars are in there that got connected like that. It was from a mixture of recurring cysts, retin-a use, and perhaps that top part had been crossed just a little too strongly. Anyway, I hate them because I think they make me look older. They are really not that deep, it's just that I got lucky with some hypertrophic scarring underneath to only accentuate them :/

Wow that's a nice improvment :) The old scar had rough edges but now the edges look smoothe, especially at the top of the scar. How are you doing the needling? I am thinking about needling a particular scar and was wondering about your technique. Thanks!

Wow that's a nice improvment :) The old scar had rough edges but now the edges look smoothe, especially at the top of the scar. How are you doing the needling? I am thinking about needling a particular scar and was wondering about your technique. Thanks!

To be honest, I don't have much of a technique. I needle like most others on here do, needling all parts of the scar, and hitting the borders. I don't apply any topicals, and have never used a dermaroller (though I may in the future). Lately, I changed it up a bit. If you read up on what Munsooned did, he started to needle deeper scars more frequently and talks about it more thoroughly than I will. I adopted a bit of his idea on the scar at the top that you see in the pic.

I would needle certain parts of it every couple of weeks, gently, enough to hear popping. I did this instead of waiting the full month or longer in between needling. Basically, I went by what I saw. I must warn you, at times my scar looked a bit worse.

That top scar is what improved the most. It is softer, and perhaps a little wider. I am still not as satisfied as I would like to be though, and I may needle that bottom portion on my chin a little more this week. I am letting the top scar heal more though.

Thanks for the response... yeah I will have to look at Munsoned's says about it. You know I just got a dermaroller the other day, the Scientia 1.0 mm roller. I rolled once, and the sunburn look was kinda sweet actually; I was liking the look, lol. I am thinking I'll use the roller for my whole face and then needle one or two deep scars. I wish you the best!

wow. the improvement is really impressive, especially that you don't use any topicals or LED therapy (I assume) to increase healing. good luck and keep us updated

hi ensi,

that's right, no topicals or led (wish I could afford leds). I was taking vit. C by the grams for a while, but I do not use it consistently, very rarely in fact. I feel that it has very little to do with results for me, though I'm sure my results could improve faster or appear better with these extra things. My diet is alright, I try to get fruits/veg and protein either through nuts or chicken. I don't drink enough water though.

I think that needling more frequently has caused this scar to make collagen faster. A couple of days I ago, I needled part of that bottom scar a bit more. I let the area scab, and didn't apply any moisturizers.

I don't think anyone should be following what I'm doing. At least, not until further time has passed and I can better guage where I'm at.