Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gatorade

college student on accutane

I'm about to start my second course of accutane. I'm a college student and I like to go out a lot, so when my dermatologist told me that I can't drink alcohol while on accutane I was a little upset. I generally like to have about 3 or 4 drinks when I go out.

Are there any girls in college who have continued to drink this amount while on accutane? Were your bodies negatively affected? I would appreciate some advice!

I'm about to start my second course of accutane. I'm a college student and I like to go out a lot, so when my dermatologist told me that I can't drink alcohol while on accutane I was a little upset. I generally like to have about 3 or 4 drinks when I go out.

Are there any girls in college who have continued to drink this amount while on accutane? Were your bodies negatively affected? I would appreciate some advice!

Just try to drink in moderation ... I have had a couple experiences drinking while on accutane and even if you limit your intake, it really takes a toll on your liver and you can definitely feel it the next day. Binge drinking is not worth it while you're on accutane.

My liver enzyme results took an adverse hit with alcohol consumption back when I took accutane. It's not worth it. Alcohol is not vital to your life or social life, just do without it for a few months while you're on Accutane.

I started accutane right before I went off to college last summer. I was pretty freaked out too about drinking. You'll be a bit more hungover the next day, but it never caused me any serious problems. You should about a week before your blood test though... your enzyme count will be all messed up and they won't give you your prescription.

I drank all the time on accutane (except for a week before blood tests) and my blood results were just fine.

If you actually drink 3 or 4 you'll be fine. If you drink like a college student you may run into issues, you may not. Accutane can elevate your liver enzymes, and alcohol is harsh on your liver. Just be cognizant that if you get wasted too many times you might fuck yourself up...

ahh thats a horrible position to be in.

My course ends right before I head off to college lol

avoid binge drinking.

3-4 drinks not a big deal, but don't do it every day.

you'll notice on accutane that you really regret it if you over drink. Hangover x 2

If you're getting monitored by your dermatologist monthly, I wouldn't worry about it. Especially if you really are only having 3-4 drinks. Note also that drinking is not listed as a contraindicated behavior on the drug package inserts, and that many people on this board have dermatologists who never mention avoidance of alcohol while on accutane. verbatim from my own derm: "it's probably not a good idea to drink a lot while you're on the drug"

heavy drinking (esp. right before a blood test) might result in abnormal lab results and a lowering of your dose or discontinuation of the drug

finished my course a few months ago, I got drunk once or twice a week and my blood work never showed any elevated levels. I think it all depends on the individual.

avoid binge drinking.

3-4 drinks not a big deal, but don't do it every day.

you'll notice on accutane that you really regret it if you over drink. Hangover x 2