Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keviinx09

My own experience with Co2 laser resurfacing

Hey everyone I've had co2 laser resurfacing to improve my acne scarring. My first one was last year 09. in october... It was a a non painful whatsoever procedure FOR ME. The only bad thing about it was the smell of burning skin.. thats about it.. Anyways After I healed which was very quick and my derm was very impress I did see a lil improvement .. but it was defenetly because my skin was still red and healing.. Soo everyone considering this don't get played by this ur skin mite look like everything is gone but unfortunately it wont. So I mean at the end i did see a little improvement but not as muchh as I expected. My problem is only on my left cheek thats where most of the BOXCAR scarring is I have like 4 oval shaped marks which bother me alot.. and to be honest the only thing that ive seen improved them with laser resurfacing is make them less deep... But nothing at all with the shape/texture of it which i think is the MAIN problem with scarring and I was told that it was goin to help.. but yeahh pretty much it didnt! So I Just recently had another session donde last week. On wensday 5/5/10 And well again I did my cheek area that I have all the problem And once again I healed quick and nicely I followed everything but once again was left with the pretty much same "Face" ... If you guys are wondering why don't I post pictures is because i just dont have the time but i deff will of how my scarring looks after this 2 procedures ASA I can .. :) I just wanted to write this and let You guys know how this laser works... ! As of today I'm just looking at something that will improve the texture of my scarring as well as the color red/brown pigmentation. I've been told that if I do a mix of procedures I mite see some very good improvement overall.. but i don't know what else to get? all thats on my mind rite now is to get a peel.. maybe tca cross on each boxcar scar ! I really hope I find something for this cause its really getting on my nerves... but is not like the end of the world so everyone out there with the same problems think about you FUTURE AND NOT YOUR PAST! annyways if you guys have any ideas on what can help my type of scarring please let me know.. I've been also thinking on AHA? butt yeahh idkk plss guys give me ideasss.. and I will be posting picss SOON! thankss ! :)))

Hey everyone I've had co2 laser resurfacing to improve my acne scarring. My first one was last year 09. in october... It was a a non painful whatsoever procedure FOR ME. The only bad thing about it was the smell of burning skin.. thats about it.. Anyways After I healed which was very quick and my derm was very impress I did see a lil improvement .. but it was defenetly because my skin was still red and healing.. Soo everyone considering this don't get played by this ur skin mite look like everything is gone but unfortunately it wont. So I mean at the end i did see a little improvement but not as muchh as I expected. My problem is only on my left cheek thats where most of the BOXCAR scarring is I have like 4 oval shaped marks which bother me alot.. and to be honest the only thing that ive seen improved them with laser resurfacing is make them less deep... But nothing at all with the shape/texture of it which i think is the MAIN problem with scarring and I was told that it was goin to help.. but yeahh pretty much it didnt! So I Just recently had another session donde last week. On wensday 5/5/10 And well again I did my cheek area that I have all the problem And once again I healed quick and nicely I followed everything but once again was left with the pretty much same "Face" ... If you guys are wondering why don't I post pictures is because i just dont have the time but i deff will of how my scarring looks after this 2 procedures ASA I can .. :) I just wanted to write this and let You guys know how this laser works... ! As of today I'm just looking at something that will improve the texture of my scarring as well as the color red/brown pigmentation. I've been told that if I do a mix of procedures I mite see some very good improvement overall.. but i don't know what else to get? all thats on my mind rite now is to get a peel.. maybe tca cross on each boxcar scar ! I really hope I find something for this cause its really getting on my nerves... but is not like the end of the world so everyone out there with the same problems think about you FUTURE AND NOT YOUR PAST! annyways if you guys have any ideas on what can help my type of scarring please let me know.. I've been also thinking on AHA? butt yeahh idkk plss guys give me ideasss.. and I will be posting picss SOON! thankss ! :)))

hey mate, i have some boxcar scarring too (amongst many ice pick scars) and i have been considering a CO2 laser treatment too. Which laser were they using out of curosity?

As for the TCA cross, a lot of people have seen some really good improvements from it. If anything, its probably one of the cheapest treatments on here and has gotten the most positive feedback. You're definitely on the right track !

Thanks for replying :) ... they used the matrix fractionalized co2 laser. and yess i'm deff considering that... I just need to find a doctor with experience around where I live.

Thanks for replying :) ... they used the matrix fractionalized co2 laser. and yess i'm deff considering that... I just need to find a doctor with experience around where I live.

no worries and hope it helped. if you do get it done, please post pics :)

Kevin, I will always ask the all important question about the settings. Many doctors opt for too mild settings that results in mild improvement.

yes that's something I didnt pay much attention 2. But on the first one I had she couldnt go too high cause I'm latin and there's a risk of hyperpigmentation . So she didn't want to take the risk but it all turn out good and I didnt have any problems . The second one was 2 settings higher then the last one .. I was worried cause maybe I could have issues but once again I didn't I take good care of my skin when goin out always wearing sunscreen.

So here are some pics of my left ckeek where I have all the acne scarring at.

* I've had 2 fractional co2 laser resurfacing procedures done and still havent had AMAZING results.. so yeahh what can i do nextt?

THIS PICTURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN ON REALLY BAD LIGHTNING!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/per...07/acneorg3.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/per...07/acneorg4.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/per...07/acneorg2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/per...07/acneorg1.jpg

Edited by keviinx09