Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisshit

Can't focus on other things...

Anyone else find that sometimes... or most of the time actually... it's almost impossible to go long periods of time without thinking about their red spots when they should be enjoying an event or moment? You can't help but think... damn if my marks faded I wouldn't be thinking about this and actually be confident and enjoying myself... and then you're just depressed the more you think about it... hoping for a miracle... watching as time and opportunities pass you by.

Anybody?

Have you guys thought about going to a psychiatrist if it limits your life that much? :shifty:

mate tell me about it, i find the best thing to do is go out on the lash, also i always think theres someone much worse off than me out there in these shitty countrys in africa, quite lucky when i think about it

Its been like that for me for a very long time. I'll be chilling listening to the teacher and then boom i fade into thinking about my marks and how gross they look and how all my friends but think im gross since they have clear skin then boom its lunch time, that would be 2 hours of thinking about them, meaning i missed 2 hours of info i prob needed ><

Guest frogskinshoelace
Have you guys thought about going to a psychiatrist if it limits your life that much? :shifty:

The best way to address the issue is to fix the problem, not cry to a shrink. Ive got the same problem, I think about my pih round the clock, every second, of every day. Recently Ive been lashing out at my friends and family for no reason at all, its starting to get bad. My Wednesday appointment with a derm cant come soon enough.

Guest frogskinshoelace
make sure you let me know what happens with the derm/laser...

def

Anyone else find that sometimes... or most of the time actually... it's almost impossible to go long periods of time without thinking about their red spots when they should be enjoying an event or moment?

Anybody?

Yes, I went to my cousins wedding about two months ago...

It was about 50 degrees (which is practically freezing to me)

and the wedding was OUTSIDE.

I tried as hard as I could to look nice (my dress and hair),

but for some annoying reason my face looks REALLY crappy when I get cold.

After the wedding was over I ran inside to get warm.

About an hour later I went to go to the bathroom,

and I looked up to see my marks and acne practically shouting all over my face.

It took everything I had to not cry and go back out to the "party" :cry:

My Wednesday appointment with a derm cant come soon enough.

I know exactly how you feel, mines tomorrow, and I just want it to be here!! :doubt:

Guest frogskinshoelace
Anyone else find that sometimes... or most of the time actually... it's almost impossible to go long periods of time without thinking about their red spots when they should be enjoying an event or moment?

Anybody?

Yes, I went to my cousins wedding about two months ago...

It was about 50 degrees (which is practically freezing to me)

and the wedding was OUTSIDE.

I tried as hard as I could to look nice (my dress and hair),

but for some annoying reason my face looks REALLY crappy when I get cold.

After the wedding was over I ran inside to get warm.

About an hour later I went to go to the bathroom,

and I looked up to see my marks and acne practically shouting all over my face.

It took everything I had to not cry and go back out to the "party" :cry:

Damn, that story is so sad. It makes me think of all the times I was in similar situations, and I would run to a bathroom, look in the mirror, and feel like crying, and Im a guy. Sucks. Cant wait to get this **** over with.

I just want to warn you though man, they say sometimes laser can aggravate hyperpigmentation :S... so make sure you speak to your derm about all options first

Guest frogskinshoelace
I just want to warn you though man, they say sometimes laser can aggravate hyperpigmentation :S... so make sure you speak to your derm about all options first

It cant get much worse than it is now.

AMEN! I am dealing with that same exact thing right now. MY cheeks are all covered with acne marks :( It sucks because I went through the same thing like 3 years ago, then I was completely clear and now BAM here I am in the same situation for IDK what the hell reason. STUPID GENES. But you know what from time to time I say to myself, "who cares" everyday that I complain about these scars is another day I can't get back. You never know how long your gonna live so might as well enjoy anything as much as possible. Trust me I went through the phase of being pissed off at everyone for no reason (especially my gf). I also hid from everyone as much as possible, which was the toughest because my major in college involves alot of presentations. I am trying to overcome this sad disease by just enjoying time with everyone I love. I look in the mirror all the time and say to myself everyday its getting better, even though there might not be drastic changes its slight motivation. I probably have 1-2yrs until these marks clear up...oh wells...lets try baking soda to try to speed up that process lol

AMEN! I am dealing with that same exact thing right now. MY cheeks are all covered with acne marks :( It sucks because I went through the same thing like 3 years ago, then I was completely clear and now BAM here I am in the same situation for IDK what the hell reason. STUPID GENES. But you know what from time to time I say to myself, "who cares" everyday that I complain about these scars is another day I can't get back. You never know how long your gonna live so might as well enjoy anything as much as possible. Trust me I went through the phase of being pissed off at everyone for no reason (especially my gf). I also hid from everyone as much as possible, which was the toughest because my major in college involves alot of presentations. I am trying to overcome this sad disease by just enjoying time with everyone I love. I look in the mirror all the time and say to myself everyday its getting better, even though there might not be drastic changes its slight motivation. I probably have 1-2yrs until these marks clear up...oh wells...lets try baking soda to try to speed up that process lol

will baking soda work?

what did you use before that got rid of the marks? or did you just outgrow them?

i heard lemon juice works, but i feel like the acid would irritate my skin.