Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been taking Doxycycline twice a day, and using Acanya Gel (Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%) and Retin-A in the evening, for the last couple of days as a part of my regimen. My skin is "clearing up", but now it's dry as a desert and scabbing as well. I always wear a sunscreen with at least spf 15, but it doesn't seem to be helping the dryness. Is there a specific moisturizer or maybe a supplement anyone can recommend to prevent any more of this severe drying? :think:

thanks!!!

love,

Kristen

Im on doxy once a day and using BENZCLIN twice a day. And you definitley need a moisturizer !!!

I found that Olay Complete Moisturizer, All day UV Spf 15 and it has Vitamins E & C, for sensitive skin, Derm tested, 100% OIl-free, Non-comedogenic.- works well.

It doesnt burn when you put it on after the BP gels we're using. Ive tried the Oil Free Nuertogena for Sensitive, (someone recommend it on this website) and it BURNS for a couple of minutes! So, im returning it and getting something from the Olay line for me to put on a night~

Try it :)

Im on doxy once a day and using BENZCLIN twice a day. And you definitley need a moisturizer !!!

I found that Olay Complete Moisturizer, All day UV Spf 15 and it has Vitamins E & C, for sensitive skin, Derm tested, 100% OIl-free, Non-comedogenic.- works well.

It doesnt burn when you put it on after the BP gels we're using. Ive tried the Oil Free Nuertogena for Sensitive, (someone recommend it on this website) and it BURNS for a couple of minutes! So, im returning it and getting something from the Olay line for me to put on a night~

Try it :)

I've been on the BP/retin-A for about a week now and my skin is so sensitive, red, flaky and anything I put on my face burns horribly. I was using that Oil of Olay moisturizer a few months ago (before my recent acne breakout started) and I did love it.

Thank you for replying AND refreshing my memory :-)

Cerave moisturizing lotion works well for me, just another option. I use Tazorac which is similar to retin-A and the two seem to go well together