Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

-low self-esteem

-avoiding mirrors or using mirrors excessively in order to check one's appearance

-constantly seeking reassurance about appearance

-repeated touching of perceived flaw

-skin picking

-using hands, hat, posture, etc. to hide perceived flaw

-anxiety in public

-avoiding social situations

If I have all the symptoms in bold to some extent, do I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder?

Edited by bek_cogent

A person with BDD wouldn't take so many photos of him/herself to put up in public; that's completely opposed to the BDD persona. You may have self-esteem issues and concern about personal appearance, but I'd say it is nowhere along the lines of BDD.

A person with BDD wouldn't take so many photos of him/herself to put up in public; that's completely opposed to the BDD persona. You may have self-esteem issues and concern about personal appearance, but I'd say it is nowhere along the lines of BDD.

Right that makes sense. I put up pictures in my gallery and albums a lot. I am trying to track what happens to my face and it seems to remind me to do that. Also, I want to share with people if my treatments are working, because it may work for them too.