Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anonima

People notice I'm using Dermablend!

I'm a 20-year old male and care a lot about the way I look. I have had moderate acne for the past seven years. I recently discovered the cause of my acne, so there isn't much activity going on at the moment, but I do have red marks on my cheeks, lots of them. They are very noticeable, even though I have a tan.

I'm wearing foundation since I was 16 (used different products over the time) and people didn't notice it until last year. Some girl screamed: "Hey, you have something on your face!", and told it to her friends and ever since then almost everyone call me gay or powder face. I found out about Dermablend 2 months ago and it was just the most amazing thing. It covered up everything and you could only see my scars from a close range. I was really happy with it, but people could still see that I was wearing foundation, because my nose always shines when I apply it. So the name calling and awkward situations didn't stop...

I'm dating a girl for a few months now and she got teased when people found out about it. "Huh, are you dating powder head?" "You can't be serious! You are dating a boy that wears make-up?". Of course she didn't like that, so I decided to stop using foundation just for her, but that was a big mistake...I lost my confidence, felt depressed, skipped school and work and almost never left the house. When I did show up at school or work, people called me ugly (which I can't describe how much that hurts) or felt sorry about the way I look.

As of today I want to start using Dermablend again, because that did give me confidence. I think I'm actually a good looking guy, but my skin is just so horrible that I can't deny that I do look ugly without using it. The thing is that I don't want to hurt my girl and even though I prefer people call me powder face rather than ugly, I would just like it to be less noticeable. How could I avoid getting a shiny face? Should I apply less? Should I get even more tanned, so that it's less noticeable (that did work the past summers). (Please don't recommend me a different foundation, because Dermablend is superb).

I'm a 20-year old male and care a lot about the way I look. I have had moderate acne for the past seven years. I recently discovered the cause of my acne, so there isn't much activity going on at the moment, but I do have red marks on my cheeks, lots of them. They are very noticeable, even though I have a tan.

I'm wearing foundation since I was 16 (used different products over the time) and people didn't notice it until last year. Some girl screamed: "Hey, you have something on your face!", and told it to her friends and ever since then almost everyone call me gay or powder face. I found out about Dermablend 2 months ago and it was just the most amazing thing. It covered up everything and you could only see my scars from a close range. I was really happy with it, but people could still see that I was wearing foundation, because my nose always shines when I apply it. So the name calling and awkward situations didn't stop...

I'm dating a girl for a few months now and she got teased when people found out about it. "Huh, are you dating powder head?" "You can't be serious! You are dating a boy that wears make-up?". Of course she didn't like that, so I decided to stop using foundation just for her, but that was a big mistake...I lost my confidence, felt depressed, skipped school and work and almost never left the house. When I did show up at school or work, people called me ugly (which I can't describe how much that hurts) or felt sorry about the way I look.

As of today I want to start using Dermablend again, because that did give me confidence. I think I'm actually a good looking guy, but my skin is just so horrible that I can't deny that I do look ugly without using it. The thing is that I don't want to hurt my girl and even though I prefer people call me powder face rather than ugly, I would just like it to be less noticeable. How could I avoid getting a shiny face? Should I apply less? Should I get even more tanned, so that it's less noticeable (that did work the past summers). (Please don't recommend me a different foundation, because Dermablend is superb).

First of all the people calling you those names are ridiculous. I don't see why they should have any say about this, or even care. Therefore you shouldn't either. Just try. I can't believe people would be that mean! Your girlfriend obviously likes you a lot. I'm sure she knew about the foundation before you started going out, and she likes YOU. I don't think you should jeopardize everything else so I am glad you are going to wear it again :) Your girlfriend needs to be a shoulder you can lean on, she will get over a little teasing. If she doesn't... it would be up to you to decide whether to continue the relationship at the cost of your self esteem.

As for the makeup side of it: I would suggest using Smashbox Photo Finish Lite primer. It will just make everything look smoother and less shiny. Also, pick up some blotting papers! They come in little packages at the drug store. All you have to do is press one on your face and picks up the excess oil.

Best of luck :)

Dermablend can be a very obvious looking makeup. You might consider a mineral makeup. I like Physician's Formula liquid mineral wear. Some like Almay's Smart Shade.

Are u setting the Dermablend with powder? If not then i'd definatley look into a translucent powder to absorb the shine. Oil blotting sheets are also a really good rec :) As a former user of Dermablend all I can say is make sure the color is an exact match to your skin and use VERY little. Perhaps mixing with a small about of moisturizer to sheer it out would help with it appearing more natural...good luck to you!

I just recently wrote a forum on how much I love Dermablend for my scars, a couple of days ago. If you use a silicone-based primer, it should make Dermablend much easier to blend, make a little go a long way, fill in enlarged pores etc, and allow the make-up to last longer. I still blot my face with cotton pads when my face gets shiny. I have a very oily face. But after blotting, it looks like I just put the make-up on. Good as new. I also use the Dermablend setting powder after I put on the foundation. What kind of Dermablend do you use on your face?

As for the girl you're with, she should like you regardless whether you wear make-up or not. If she doesn't then she's not worth it. You being happy should make her happy. (:

damn dude im sorry your going through a rough time right now. one i got my acne under control and had alot of red marks left over, i decided to use foundation at times and damn was it a bad ideaaa lol since i knew nothing about it, my face was very dry and applying foundation to the marks made my face look powdery upclose and if i sweat (i live in miami) it would get nasty and i noticed some classmates at college noticed, but then i decided eff it not everyone skin in this classroom is perfect neither, so i decided to lose the foundation and eventually the red marks faded. but dont stress it bro at least u got a gf, i bet most of the guys ranking on you dont.

I agree with the idea of priming and making your skin as smooth and soft as possible so everything blends together really, really well.

And I think you should stand up to those idiots. I'm sure they aren't perfect and have something that they're sensitive about. Honestly, they're weaker people than you are. Abusers always are.