Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went on accutane last year. It worked but only like 50% of my pimples went away. It was a fail. I took it stupidly. Like i would pick up the pills 2-3 days later mid course. And thats 2-3 days without it. I brokeout during those days. I would then try to makeup for it by taking like an extra one for 2 days. Thus making me go 2-4 days without every time i had to restock. Then the last month and a half something happened with my blood work and the derm. And it got out of sync and i didnt even get the last month and a half. But at the time i was clear. Now ive got id say half as many as i did before. Maybe 75% less. Just red marks now. And i started a second course. I plan on taking the exact amount and not missing ANY days. And finishing it. Pretty sure itll clear me up completely. :D

And are there any foods that i shouldnt take that dillute the effect.

You should either avoid food rich in Vitamin A or take in more. I'm not sure which one, but Vitamin A is the main ingredient in Accutane. It's one of them. Either way, avoid junk food as usual; Accutane does not gain us immunity for our health.

Eat any fatty food right before you take your pill, or during, because it will help absorb the full effect of the pill. Never take a pill without food. At the very least, take it with milk or crackers. But remember fatty foods.

You should either avoid food rich in Vitamin A or take in more. I'm not sure which one, but Vitamin A is the main ingredient in Accutane. It's one of them. Either way, avoid junk food as usual; Accutane does not gain us immunity for our health.

Eat any fatty food right before you take your pill, or during, because it will help absorb the full effect of the pill. Never take a pill without food. At the very least, take it with milk or crackers. But remember fatty foods.

Don't avoid Vitamin A, especially from green leafy veggies like Spinach, its excellent for your skin whether your on Accutane or not.

Secondly avoid processed food, junk food, sugar and dairy. Never take your anti-biotics with milk, it can inhibit the absorption and not to mention many people have issues with regular dairy.

Focus your diet around lean meats: chicken, salmon (very good for your skin), beef and plenty of leafy greens. Drink tons of water and get good rest and exercise.

That process above could possibly clear your skin without Accutane.

PANIC

Fingers crossed the accutane works for you this time.

Im going to go against the above posts and recommend you definitely cut out all diary out of your diet. I've had acne for the past 12 years and have always been getting 2-3 pimples per week. Recently I cut out all diary and I havent had a pimple since. It seems crazy, but it worked and I cant believe it. Give it a go, you might be the same.