Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0raNGeMeL0N

Dan's regimen saves my skin again!

Hi I just registered today to tell you all that Dan's regimen really works and thought that everyone should know especially for those who are undecisive or having trouble about using this regimen. I'm not certain when I started using Dan's regimen but my guess is back in 2005. I had acne since 5th grade and now I'm 24 years old. I've tried everything to get rid of my acne. Clearasil, Neutrogena, Oxypad, Retin-A micro, oral antibiotics, Proactiv, Murad, changing my diet, avoiding certain foods like chocolate, sweets, and caffeine. Finally one day I found this website and immediately started the regimen. The beginning of the regimen was really painful because my skin was red and extremely dry and developed more acne! Back then I didn't really follow the regimen because I was lazy. I would apply one pump of BP right after i wash my face and I would carry around a moisturizer and apply it on the areas where my skin was flaky and I wouldn't apply a moisturizer at night. I don't know how strictly I followed this regimen because I was depressed from the dry skin and the purging. In the beginning, I knew that doing this regimen would make my skin develop more acne but having to go through it was so painful and I wanted to give up. I think there were times when I went off of the regimen for a little bit but went back on again because I didn't find any other solution to get rid of my acne. After a little over a year, my skin was pretty clear, I only had acne scars. I had moderate acne in the beginning of the regimen, few big cysts and lots of small red nodules on my cheeks, chin, and below my nose. As I kept seeing improvements, I would use less BP and by late 2008, I would apply BP only when my skin broke out. Then around early 2009, my skin was clear with very few scars and I was barely breaking out. Then I discontinued using BP for about half a year. Then my skin was slowly breaking out and eventually I was breaking out a lot! I had a lot of big cysts! By early Jan 2010, I went back on Dan's regimen. I decided to follow Dan's regimen more strictly. This was my regimen from Jan 2010-March 2010:

Morning and Night:

Step One: wash my face with Cetaphil

Step Two: wait 3-5 mins

Step Three: apply 2 pumps of BP slowly gently

Step Four: wait 15-30mins

Step Five: apply Cerave slowly

Extra: when my skin was extremely flaky, I would use olay wash cloths for sensitive skin. Also I would apply paula's choice skin recovery hydrating treatment mask twice every week or around my eyes before bed. I used concealer only on areas where I broke out or had redness.

By mid-March, I broke out less and I had few acnes but my skin was still dry and Cerave was not cutting it. I tried using jojoba oil but it didn't help the dryness. So I decided to use Olay Quench Advance healing non scented lotion. I know it's a body lotion and not specifically for the face, but it really helped get rid of my dryness. By April, I barely had any acne, just acne scars. I would only breakout one small acne per week. By mid April, I changed my regimen to this:

Step One: wash my face with Cetaphil

Step Two: wait like 1-2mins

Step Three: apply one pump of Olay Quench

Step Four: wait 1-2mins

Step Five: apply 1 pumps of BP in the morning, 2 pumps of BP at night

Now its May 11, and I gotta say that my face is acne free! I still have acne scars but a lot less than before and I don't use concealer nor foundations. My face is so smooth now, no more flaky dry skin! For those people who are undecisive about going on Dan's regimen, I hope this helps. This regimen saved my skin twice! I'm not going off of this regimen until I know for sure that my skin will never ever produce any acne. Until then, I'll be using this regimen everyday. Sorry for the long message. If you have any questions, post them below and I'll try to answer them asap. Good luck to everyone who are doing this regimen! The key to this regimen is patience. You won't see results right away. It took me about 4 months to see good results. You just need to get past the purging and drying phase. Once you past that phase, the results are incredible and so worth it! =)

so its normal for bp to break you out in the 1st few weeks???

If so Im happy coz I started applying bp (last week thursday) but have broken out a bit and was worrying....

So glad your acne free Orangemelon.

Now stick with Dans regimine and you'll be ance free for as long as you know. Dont stop or it will come back!

so its normal for bp to break you out in the 1st few weeks???

If so Im happy coz I started applying bp (last week thursday) but have broken out a bit and was worrying....

Oh yeah BP will make you breakout in the beginning. I think I kept breaking out for like a couple months. I had really bad acne =/ and it helps to pop the whilte pus-filled pimples, well for me that is

So glad your acne free Orangemelon.

Now stick with Dans regimine and you'll be ance free for as long as you know. Dont stop or it will come back!

thanks! haha yeah I learned my lesson the first time. I'll be on BP for awhile =)

So glad things have worked out for you!

I'm around the 8 week mark, and my skin is so much better! Instead of large zits and a couple of cysts and nodules on my chin, I now only get one or two new small pustules which are gone in a day or two. I hear you can get these up to 3 months in so I'm hopeful I'll be completely clear soon!

I love the DKR!

Thanks! yeah it takes awhile for your skin to clear up....for me, it took almost 4 months! but I hope your skin clears up much faster. Good luck! and yeah I love DKR!! without it, I would've been so miserable! lol

So glad things have worked out for you!

I'm around the 8 week mark, and my skin is so much better! Instead of large zits and a couple of cysts and nodules on my chin, I now only get one or two new small pustules which are gone in a day or two. I hear you can get these up to 3 months in so I'm hopeful I'll be completely clear soon!

I love the DKR!

Hi... I wanted to know if the dryness and flaking problem disappears after your skin gets adjusted to BP after using it a for few weeks? Or does the dryness stay as long as you continue using BP?

hi i read your post and it was really what i needed. I'm on the 11th week of the regimen and still getting breakouts which really sucks but i know i have to push through. Everytime i seem to be clearing up and my hopes get high i get a small breakout which is really frustrating. It definately feels as though i'm taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back. My left cheek is the worst it's been like a warzone for months and it really gets me down. Like you i have felt like giving up but i know that won't help. Sometimes my cheeks feel really dry so i may have to purchace a non spf moisturizer like the one you mentioned to help with it. Acne is the hardest thing i've ever had to deal with in my life but reading the messages on the boards inspire me to keep going with the regimen. Also i try to keep my mind off it by keeping myself busy and active. Sometimes i can't help myself though touching my face or constantly looking in the mirror. It feels good getting stuff off my chest. My girlfriend has been a great support to me and i would be in a worse off place right now if i didn't have her great support. I just want to be the best person i can for her and i can't wait unit this is all over.

Just some questions.....sorry for so many

1. Why does purging occur on the DKR regimen?

2. Does purging get out all of the underlying acne which was going to come out anyway but at a faster rate?

3. If this is the case then why does lack of sleep, eating the wrong types of food or drinking alcohol cause you to breakout instantaneously if acne is supposed to be formed months before it appears on the surface of your skin?

4. Does the ithing from AHA subside after continued use.

5. If my face gets itchy during the day is it a sign of exfoliation or that my face is dry and i need more moisture?

6 Should i discontinue use of AHA on dry itchy areas?

Hi... I wanted to know if the dryness and flaking problem disappears after your skin gets adjusted to BP after using it a for few weeks? Or does the dryness stay as long as you continue using BP?

my skin was so dry and flaky during the first month of using BP but as I kept using it, my skin got a little bit less dry and less flaky. Using a lot of lotion at night and exfoliating your skin with a wash cloth helped but these didn't totally get rid of the dryness and flakiness. But olay advance healing lotion really saved my skin because this lotion completely got rid of the dryness and flakiness and the fine lines under my eyes and I've been on BP for five months! Without this lotion, i dont think my skin would be dry or flake free because my skin is a bit on the sensitive side. hope this helps!

hi i read your post and it was really what i needed. I'm on the 11th week of the regimen and still getting breakouts which really sucks but i know i have to push through. Everytime i seem to be clearing up and my hopes get high i get a small breakout which is really frustrating. It definately feels as though i'm taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back. My left cheek is the worst it's been like a warzone for months and it really gets me down. Like you i have felt like giving up but i know that won't help. Sometimes my cheeks feel really dry so i may have to purchace a non spf moisturizer like the one you mentioned to help with it. Acne is the hardest thing i've ever had to deal with in my life but reading the messages on the boards inspire me to keep going with the regimen. Also i try to keep my mind off it by keeping myself busy and active. Sometimes i can't help myself though touching my face or constantly looking in the mirror. It feels good getting stuff off my chest. My girlfriend has been a great support to me and i would be in a worse off place right now if i didn't have her great support. I just want to be the best person i can for her and i can't wait unit this is all over.

Just some questions.....sorry for so many

1. Why does purging occur on the DKR regimen?

2. Does purging get out all of the underlying acne which was going to come out anyway but at a faster rate?

3. If this is the case then why does lack of sleep, eating the wrong types of food or drinking alcohol cause you to breakout instantaneously if acne is supposed to be formed months before it appears on the surface of your skin?

4. Does the ithing from AHA subside after continued use.

5. If my face gets itchy during the day is it a sign of exfoliation or that my face is dry and i need more moisture?

6 Should i discontinue use of AHA on dry itchy areas?

i know how you feel! yeah my face was a warzone for like 3 months! ugh! it was really frustrating and i hated looking at myself. i would get made fun from some people and i hated talking to people face to face because i always felt like they were looking at my acne. even my family was ridiculing me about how bad my skin was! =( being a korean and especially a girl, I felt like the ugliest person because i didnt have clear skin like most korean girls. But my boyfriend helped increase my self-esteem because everyday he tells me how beautiful i am =) thats what kept me going. and also being on this regimen was not difficult for me because i was on a hiatus for four months! the reason for this is that i am a nursing student and i do nothing but study and go to school haha.... but yeah keep going with this regimen! eventually you should clear up. at least i hope so! it took me like four months to be almost completely clear. i'm still on this regimen and its been five months and i rarely break out. if i do breakout, they are very small and barely visible. i wish you luck! =)

and for your questions, i cannot answer most of them because i am not a skin expert. i think you should look through the acne.org site. it may answer some of your questions. But what i can tell you is that lack of sleep and eating lots of sweets have not made me breakout when im on this regimen. for the past two weeks, i've been sleeping only 4-5 hours a day and this past weekend, i ate a lot of chocolate and cookies (was craving sugar badly!!) and i havent broke out. if i do break out, it would be very small and disappear that night. i hope this helps!

I've been on the regimen for 4 days and parts are my skin are starting to clear up and I havent really had many new breakouts. I pray this works as good for me in the long run.

my skin was so dry and flaky during the first month of using BP but as I kept using it, my skin got a little bit less dry and less flaky. Using a lot of lotion at night and exfoliating your skin with a wash cloth helped but these didn't totally get rid of the dryness and flakiness. But olay advance healing lotion really saved my skin because this lotion completely got rid of the dryness and flakiness and the fine lines under my eyes and I've been on BP for five months! Without this lotion, i dont think my skin would be dry or flake free because my skin is a bit on the sensitive side. hope this helps!

Hey thanks for your reply gosh i thought school was bad for me. i've stopped using AHA now at least until my skin starts to feel better again. when it gets better i'll only use it once or twice a week.