Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gemlou

accutane and acne scars

Hi, I'm new on here! i'm 26 and have adult acne, which i believe is hormonal.

It is so frustrating! I had the odd spot as a teenager but nothing major, then i had a bad breakout when i was 21. I went to the docs and they gave me Dianette. My skin cleared up, just leaving some scars.

I stopped taking Dianette last September after i got married as i wanted to get my body ready to make a baby! Within 3 months of stopping Dianette i started to breakout, at first one or 2 spots then each month slightly worse. Some are cystic and some are just big zits! Arghh!

I tried BP but it made my skin very dry and itchy.

After 4 months i went to the dermatologist and he has recommended Isotretinoin ( Accutane ). I have now gone back on the pill ( longynon ) as i have to use birth control while on this. I start taking the Isotretinoin when i get back from holiday in June.

I was hoping to hear some success stories, as i have read a few scary stories on the web!

Also since breaking out i have been left with reddish/pinkish scars! Which is making me dread going without makeup on holiday! I actually start sweating when i think about it!

Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce acne scars? And how to help control breakouts?!

Sorry for the long story, thought i better give a bit of background info! lol

Please help! :(

Hi, I'm new on here! i'm 26 and have adult acne, which i believe is hormonal.

It is so frustrating! I had the odd spot as a teenager but nothing major, then i had a bad breakout when i was 21. I went to the docs and they gave me Dianette. My skin cleared up, just leaving some scars.

I stopped taking Dianette last September after i got married as i wanted to get my body ready to make a baby! Within 3 months of stopping Dianette i started to breakout, at first one or 2 spots then each month slightly worse. Some are cystic and some are just big zits! Arghh!

I tried BP but it made my skin very dry and itchy.

After 4 months i went to the dermatologist and he has recommended Isotretinoin ( Accutane ). I have now gone back on the pill ( longynon ) as i have to use birth control while on this. I start taking the Isotretinoin when i get back from holiday in June.

I was hoping to hear some success stories, as i have read a few scary stories on the web!

Also since breaking out i have been left with reddish/pinkish scars! Which is making me dread going without makeup on holiday! I actually start sweating when i think about it!

Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce acne scars? And how to help control breakouts?!

Sorry for the long story, thought i better give a bit of background info! lol

Please help! :(

Hi Gemlou,

Have you heard of apple cider vinegar? I started using and i am feeling its getting better, well not really amazing changes since that my red scars are many and so strong :(

But i feel like my skin over all is looking a bit better.

Please make sure that the vinegar is ORGANIC and also make sure your skin won't have a bad reaction- so first try it very small quantity, you can mix water and vinegar first to make sure that its not to strong for your skin.

Also I just read here about papaya masks and soap so I will really try to figure out where to buy and start using.

I have tried so many products, including accutane but I had to stop coz enzimes on my liver went to high... so frustrating...

I decided that I will no longer apply chemical stuff on my skin, I will try to go natural.. well at least for a while I will try that..

On holidays vacation if u feel to shy to be without make up.. try sun block with color.. I forgot the brand name I use to buy... but u can find in any pharmacie...

That's how can I help as of now.. Good luck :)