Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so, iv been on and off the regimen for a long time

To make a long story short: I stopped the DKR cold turkey for a week, and then started breaking out pretty badly. I went back on the dkr for the past two days, using two full pumps....my face looks sooo red and peeling and gross and icky. I feel so bummed out, my face hasnt been this bad since carlys. I knew i should have started slow...i just figured after being on the reg for so long my skin could handle a week off...shit, i have to go to class tomorrow, im gonna see my family this weekend...sooo depressing. Im such an idiot, my face looks TERRIBLE, if i had a camera id show u guys, its sooo red and gross /die

Cool compresses will help the redness. Some petroleum jelly (a small amount) would also help soothe the skin.

Since you took a week off, you'll have to restart at a lower dose once the redness goes away.

I accidently put to much around one pimple and must of spread around wilst i slept now i have a giant red blotch on my forehead. I look freakin ridiculous. FML

gfunk, thats exactly how the sides of my mouth and cheeks are lol. I used less bp this morning and last night, and ramped up the moisturizer dosage, and its looking better, still feels dry and kinda stingy though. At least its on your forhead and not lower face!

Hey wynne, how come when i get out of the shower (after washing my face gently) my face is superrr red and my acne looks really bad. Then after an hour it looks a lot better. ANy reason?

Maybe the water's too warm for your tender facial skin, or the water's hitting your face too hard? I generally give my whole body a nice quick COLD water rinse after all done showering. What a way to wake up and you won't have any problems with being too hot in the summer even after a shower! ;)