Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
californiaEstie

Do you believe the salesladies?!?

I have a question for all you ladies. And men too, if you have had this experience. I want to know what you think about salesladies telling you that you have "really nice", "beautiful", "perfect"... skin. I have heard this before and my mom tells me it's just because they want to sell me stuff and I guess that softens me up... And if you work at a cosmetics counter, do you mean it?

next time they tell you that just say "really? awesome! guess I don't need any make up then :D" and walk away lol

next time they tell you that just say "really? awesome! guess I don't need any make up then :D" and walk away lol

Exactly! :)

I have one sales lady at Walgreens where I go to get my bp and she always trys to push this Merlot skin care stuff. She also adds that its good for this or that and she always adds " oh, its good for your wrinkles too. I am over fifty and people tell me I look much younger". K, sorry she looks over fifty to me! and it makes me not even want to buy anything from her. Elf

I have one sales lady at Walgreens where I go to get my bp and she always trys to push this Merlot skin care stuff. She also adds that its good for this or that and she always adds " oh, its good for your wrinkles too. I am over fifty and people tell me I look much younger". K, sorry she looks over fifty to me! and it makes me not even want to buy anything from her. Elf

hahahahahhaha aww poor thing. salesFAIL

Of course they're just out to sell their products, so I would take their flattery with a grain of salt. You should have somebody you trust with you when you're dealing with them. That way, you can receive honest feedback about how the product really looks on you. ;)

Hmmm....i think it depends. After I stopped 'tane and had done my microderm series, the girls at the counter would casuallymention that i had good skin. I was like, what?! because I still have scars. But my skin was in good shape then compared to now. Now when I go they don't say that at all and it's the same one's. They look at me weird -- my skin is not in the best shape right now, even though it is clear. SO, I thought they were tripping back then, but now they don't say anything and I can tell they think my skin looks bad. It's the same people, btw.

Hmmm....i think it depends. After I stopped 'tane and had done my microderm series, the girls at the counter would casuallymention that i had good skin. I was like, what?! because I still have scars. But my skin was in good shape then compared to now. Now when I go they don't say that at all and it's the same one's. They look at me weird -- my skin is not in the best shape right now, even though it is clear. SO, I thought they were tripping back then, but now they don't say anything and I can tell they think my skin looks bad. It's the same people, btw.

I really dislike those skincare product stalls that are usually conveniently stationed outside your favourite store at shopping centres (*cough* Beauty Mineral *cough*) because from my experience, they're usually manned by aggressive sales ladies who try to push their products onto me as I furtively skirt past them. I know that it's their job, but they just end up destroying the peace of my otherwise fun shopping trips by making me feel self conscious about my skin.

Edited by maggipie