Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lisasface

tca may 13, 2010

well i'm going for a tca cross appointment with my derm on may 13 at 1pm...my scars are pretty bad..i'll upload and keep updating as much as i can..i have a series of appt's over the next few months..oh..i also have rosacea...i am attaching before and after pics too...

post-124823-1273622453_thumb.jpg

post-124823-1273622464_thumb.jpg

post-124823-1273622453_thumb.jpg

post-124823-1273622464_thumb.jpg

thx for sharing your progress with us. Waiting for your updates.

I guess you'll get some improvement for sure from tca cross but it takes some time. Good luck !

thx for sharing your progress with us. Waiting for your updates.

I guess you'll get some improvement for sure from tca cross but it takes some time. Good luck !

oh im so excited for you. in a few months you'll hardly recognise yourself. almost everyone who has this treatment is extremely happy with the results. so much so that i definitely plan to get it done in a year. keep us posted !

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

i did several STRONG tca peels on my stretch marks.

not a single bit of difference.

hope it helps in your case. good luck.

thanks all..am crossing my fingers..i've been told by my derm that it may take several treatments..but i'm game!!. its 75 bux per treatment...here i thought i would be hundreds of dollars!!

thanks all..am crossing my fingers..i've been told by my derm that it may take several treatments..but i'm game!!. its 75 bux per treatment...here i thought i would be hundreds of dollars!!

oh you'll be fine, plus we are all here for you :) $75 is really cheap ! im looking into one where i live and its $200 per treatment. the cost doesnt really bother me, its more nice having found someone able to do it close by.

i was told most people need around six sessions. so maybe thats how many you will need. at the same time, it sounds like most people see incredible results after the first few treatments. the best thing about it is you can keep getting them done until you are happy :)

i was thinking of getting them done whilst im working, so once a month ill take friday off and get them and return to work on the monday. so quite curious as to how your skin looks 3-4 days after.

please take loads of pics :)

yea..i'm happy its only 75 bux..i planned my appt for a 2morrow (thurs) so hopefully i can go back to work monday...i'll for sure post updates..IM EXCITED!!..lol

yea..i'm happy its only 75 bux..i planned my appt for a 2morrow (thurs) so hopefully i can go back to work monday...i'll for sure post updates..IM EXCITED!!..lol

what are u going to be using post care? i think professionally they just say antibiotic ointment yeah? altho heaps of people on here rant about copper peptides, red/yellow light therapy and i will add to that list and say evening primrose oil.

well i'm back..it was not very painful..kinda stung..but ok overall..i'll post pics on sunday..(hopefully i can go back to work monday)..he used 30% tca spot treatment and i am using polysporin for post care (antibiotic ointment)..

well i'm back..it was not very painful..kinda stung..but ok overall..i'll post pics on sunday..(hopefully i can go back to work monday)..he used 30% tca spot treatment and i am using polysporin for post care (antibiotic ointment)..

oh congrats. reading over your post im a little concerned. tca cross treatments are usually done at much higher pecentages than this. im sure it will still work, you will just need more treatments.

In the original experiment linked here http://www.cosmeticskin.com/skin-acne4.shtml found the higher the TCA concentration, the more impressive the results and less treatments needed.

30% is much to low. In my opinion it's not strong enough to make the skin produce enough collagen to see improvement even if you do many treatments.

Maybe your doc is only testing how your skin reacts to tca.

But if he intends to do further treatments with 30% tca you should look for another one to do it for you or do it at home by yourself.

Edited by Mr.Don

yea i agree its a pretty low %..i have to go back on the 19th for followup and we'll decide then how and when to proceed..he said he'll go up to 65% next time..i'm also being scheduled for IPL (coolglide)...overall he said the process should take a year to a year and a half...today..i'm still not scabbing..but the marks are pretty dark..i dont think i'll be going into work monday thats for sure...

yea i agree its a pretty low %..i have to go back on the 19th for followup and we'll decide then how and when to proceed..he said he'll go up to 65% next time..i'm also being scheduled for IPL (coolglide)...overall he said the process should take a year to a year and a half...today..i'm still not scabbing..but the marks are pretty dark..i dont think i'll be going into work monday thats for sure...

hmm, i think he is ripping u off more than anything. keeping you on a low dose so you have to keep coming back. almost like doctors using low settings on lasers.

i remember when i did tca crosses on myself last year, id rarely scab too. are you keeping the area moist by applying the antibiotic cream? that often stops the scabbing process.

if it helps, ive found the best way to start scabbing is to apply evening primrose oil directly to each spot. ull find u will have scabbed up by tomorrow.

well..its like day 5..i starting scabbing (err sounds gross) on saturday..i haven't been putting nothin on other than the ointment which i stopped doing friday nite..i'm not going to work 2day..i have til wednesday afternoon off..thank goodness..i look a mess still..hopefully things start peelin soon..but i dont think til 2morrow..im considering puttin on aloe vera..maybe that will speed up the process..

well..its like day 5..i starting scabbing (err sounds gross) on saturday..i haven't been putting nothin on other than the ointment which i stopped doing friday nite..i'm not going to work 2day..i have til wednesday afternoon off..thank goodness..i look a mess still..hopefully things start peelin soon..but i dont think til 2morrow..im considering puttin on aloe vera..maybe that will speed up the process..

lol, the scabbing does sound a little gross. so maybe next time dont apply the cream, as it sounds like its stopping the scabbing process. any pics?

ps. dont apply anything to them now they have scabbed. ive been doing some reading and the longer the scabs stay on the better. the best way to keep them on is to keep the skin as dry as possible, though once they come off, yeah im sure anything you put on them will help :)

post some pics please, and good luck.

do derms perform this treatment or plastic surgeons, or both?

post some pics please, and good luck.

do derms perform this treatment or plastic surgeons, or both?

from my reading this is mostly done by derms and people who arent even derms. i think this is because there is nothing really complicated about the procedure. you really just need a steady hand and to be careful. it is because of this, treatments only range from around $75-$200 per treatment. they have to keep it cheap to stop people just doing it themselves.

there is nothing stopping plastic surgeons from doing it. i think they tend to focus on the more complicated procedures that will bring them a lot more $$$ e.g. excisions, subcisions, surgery and laser. these procedures alone cost a few thousand.

its just important to find someone experienced in tca cross. then you should see some good improvement. all the best.

good day...well its been 6 long days..and i still have scabbing..its slowly peeling..i stopped putting on the polysporin on friday nite..and just let it dry out i guess..i had a follow up appt today..and the doc said things seem to be going ok..which i knew..but its nice he cares..lol..and he wants me back again on june 17 for another followup and to schedule follow up tca cross at 65%...he also scheduled me for a IPL coolglide on June 23...i think he's a pretty kewl doc..he also has ice pick scars and rosecea..that he has addressed in the same manner he's doing mine..oh..i'll take pics 2morrow in natural light..and upload pics...

hmm, i think he is ripping u off more than anything. keeping you on a low dose so you have to keep coming back. almost like doctors using low settings on lasers.

+1, 30% is WORTHLESS.

+1, 30% is WORTHLESS.

yeah, well its quite obvious that he will be getting quite a lot of money out of her but ultimately does it matter? if she likes him and she is feeling good. i suppose thats what matters.

anywayz..yea...i guess i'll post the pics i took right before going in to my app't and on the 6 day after my tca cross (both are in natural light)...i really dont think i'm spending a whole lotta money..so far i only spent $75..he wanted to see how my skin would react to the tca..i will be going again for a 65% cross at $75...and i go back for the IPL coolglide next month (June 23)for my rosecea which is gonna be the $250...i'm havent done a lot of research on IPL and its benefits for rosecea i'll be spending the next month doing that before my actual app't..i guess i just dont find it very expensive...

post-124823-1274555439_thumb.jpg

post-124823-1274555455_thumb.jpg

post-124823-1274555468_thumb.jpg

post-124823-1274555439_thumb.jpg

post-124823-1274555455_thumb.jpg

post-124823-1274555468_thumb.jpg

anywayz..yea...i guess i'll post the pics i took right before going in to my app't and on the 6 day after my tca cross (both are in natural light)...i really dont think i'm spending a whole lotta money..so far i only spent $75..he wanted to see how my skin would react to the tca..i will be going again for a 65% cross at $75...and i go back for the IPL coolglide next month (June 23)for my rosecea which is gonna be the $250...i'm havent done a lot of research on IPL and its benefits for rosecea i'll be spending the next month doing that before my actual app't..i guess i just dont find it very expensive...

Lisa,

Best of luck with the treatment and happy scarless healing! please keep us all updated, I'm planning to get this treatment as well!

Remember, no sun exposure (or wear SPF 30+ while outside) for six (I think six) months after the TCA to ensure proper healing and no reversion of treatment.

Good luck and happy healing. TCA CROSS is a fascinating treatment and has shown great improvement for many.

Good day...its been almost 2 weeks since my treatment..all the scabs have fallen off..a couple of the treatment areas have like re-scabbed...i dont know why..i haven't bothered/picked at them..i'm not really sure if there is any difference..prolly cuz of the low tca %...and a couple looked bigger??..but from reading other posts this sometimes happens..i will post pics within the week..