Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there guys.

I never really suffered bad from acne, however my nose has always been my main problem area.

I have lots of blackheads, my nose is constantly red and sometimes I get deep cysts on it. I have 2 white "bumps" (I guess acne scars, there have been there for 2 years) which resulted after 2 bad cysts on my nose.

Everytime I touch, rub or blow my nose, it get's red immediately and looks like shit. If I don't wash my face for 1-2 days it gets pretty oily too.

My nose really sucks. It's not nice anyway, and having all those problems with it makes it much worse. You know the feeling of touching your nose and feeling some slight pain and you know some bad pimple is gonna be there in the next days? :(

hope anyone have some experiences on this.

My nose gets so oily! I can really relate. I have had many deep, painful breakouts there as well..and as a result, my nose was always red. Emu oil has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the redness though, my nose looks completely different than before. Give it a try!

Believe it or not, tea tree oil is the thing I'm trying right now :D

Can you give some details on which one you use and how etc?

Edited by ramschi

How is the Tea Tree oil working so far??

It seems so opposite putting oil on an oily face to me (especially my nose because it gets the oiliest), but the Emu Oil has even got rid of the blackheads I had on my nose. This is the brand I've been using.. http://www.emuproductsinc.com/ I had 2 tiny bumps when I started, but it cleared them up in a matter of about 2 days or so and by then I noticed my skin wasn't red and splotchy anymore either. I've been using it for about a week now and have been 100% clear. I stopped washing my face except when in the shower just from water running on it and use the Emu Oil at night before bed and in the morning when I wake up. I know this regimen doesn't sound like anything someone with acne prone skin should do, but my skin has been transformed. Kinda surprised everytime I see it in the mirror actually. I really hope it doesn't stop working, but better yet, I really hope it works for you! I've been raving about it on here since I saw results immediately, so I hope it is a miracle for others as well.

do you know what, i was given natural oils from a friend of the family and i put it on my oily forehead (bit between the eye brows) and its never looked so "normal".

I agree with mjm, you'd be suprised what oil can do for skin

mjm, what kind of acne do you/did you have? I might try this emu stuff out. sounds funny ^_^

also when you say red nose, do you mean all over? , for me the redness is most deffinatly at the sides, where the nostril flares. lol... erm :S

Edited by want2beme

It is VERY surprising, especially considering my mind set for so many years "the drier the better, oil is the enemy!!" I would say I had mild to moderate acne before I started Spironolactone (I have been on it a little more than 6 months now), I broke out mainly in the T-zone, but got the worst monster size pimples around my mouth/chin area. After Spiro for, my skin really improved. No more big, painful cysts on my chin area, but I was still having breakouts. They were more on the surface this time though, but I always seemed to get multiple on my nose, side of my nose, cheeks, and above my lips. Smaller, but still there..and unattractive nonetheless. Emu Oil has wiped out any trace of these, even tiny non-inflammed ones that I would have when I'd consider myself clear. I always had blackheads on my nose too, no matter what. But even though it still gets shiny with use of the Emu oil, even close up there are no blackheads to be seen. I don't think that has been the case since I was 12 or something.

I forgot to mention that for me, as far as redness goes (My entire face in general was pink toned with red marks on my forehead, nose, above mouth, and chin area)..my whole nose was particularly splotchy and red marked from old acne since I seemed to get pimples there constantly and always had blackheads (which I thought was due to being too oily). The skin tone is drastically more even now though. I just checked in the mirror to make sure I'm not exaggerating.. haha. It is really exciting for me.

yeah i know that feeling. i woke up on monday morning and couldnt beleive my face looked normall i had to check it again and again.

since then its gone to poop cause i picked at it. :(

so do you apply it to the whole face and let it sit? or apply it to blotchyness? my main problem is the blotchyness :(

so frustrating. don't suppose you have a picture?

whats your regime like? i avoid washing my face in the morning and only do it at night, because it seems to turn red after washing in the morning, you know how it somehow brings those marks to life?!

Edited by want2beme

mjm: thanks for your help!

I just started using a similar emu oil product (100% pure), I'll report then.

just wondering, did you have similar problems like in the link I posted above?

greets

mjm: thanks for your help!

I just started using a similar emu oil product (100% pure), I'll report then.

just wondering, did you have similar problems like in the link I posted above?

greets

You might want to visit a derm and be checked for rosacea, if your nose does indeed look like the rosacea link you posted.