Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coresync

Forehead Redness/Acne (pics)

So it's not to bad...but I *only* really get this on my forehead, and its been like this for years! I'm tall and slender, have a super fast metabolism, and eat relatively well. I've tried different foods, products, washes etc. And for some reason, my forehead is always messed up. It itches sometimes, and if I just rub it with my finger, the area will get red and itchy for no damn reason! I don't really have acne, but my forehead almost always has some red mark or small pimple, or clogged pore, which turns into a whitehead, and when you run your finger over it, it's very bumpy. I have tried Salicylic acid, and it works, but then my forehead goes right back to being red and bumpy. My digestion is kind of slow, and stool is kind of hard. I drink tons of water though. The pics are kind of hard to see. I always get the red marks on either the temples, or the sides of my forehead, and in the middle. I wash usually once at night with Purpose Cleanser, and that's it. Any ideas or thoughts? My face is 98% clear other than this, and the normal pimple one in awhile. I'm a 27/m. Thank you for reading/replying.

post-56173-1273621288_thumb.jpg

post-56173-1273621310_thumb.jpg

post-56173-1273621321_thumb.jpg

post-56173-1273621335_thumb.jpg

post-56173-1273621288_thumb.jpg

post-56173-1273621310_thumb.jpg

post-56173-1273621321_thumb.jpg

post-56173-1273621335_thumb.jpg

Check out posts on pityrosporum(fungal) folliculitis. It sounds like what you might have. I had something very similar to what you describe- my forehead was itchy, bumpy, and flared red for no reason, and nothing would get rid of it. Weirdly enough, everything I tried SEEMED to help, then it would come back. Really frustrating! then I found out about fungal folliculitis- it's an overgrowth of the naturally occurring yeast on your skin- like dandruff. I started washing my skin with Nizoral shampoo two years ago, I've been clear ever since.

Good luck!

Edited by akko

Thanks for replying akko! I actually did buy Nizoral, but only used it like 2 times. How often did you need to use it before you started seeing positive results? Thanks!

I used it only once a day at first, and I started seeing less pimples and oily flakes after about 4 days, if I remember correctly. The redness went away faster than that though. And after two weeks I was completely clear.

Now I use it morning and night. I use an amount about the size of a nickel- I lather up my forehead, temples and sides of my cheeks, and I make sure to leave it on for at least 3-5 minutes. Then I rinse it off. I use a regular cleanser for the rest of my face.

I hope this works for you!

akko