Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misery-Agony-Pain-HATE

i never imagined my life ending up this way

when i was younger i always had such big plans for my life. i have always been a perfectionist and wanted the best at everything i did. my dream was to fight in the ufc and i trained everyday for that. appearance was always a huge deal for me. i always had this look that i wanted to fill. i really loved how i looked i would even check myself out in the mirror (lol). but now its all gone. i am left with nothing. i never expected to get acne like this. i dont have dreams anymore, ive given up on everything. i cant even look at myself i just hate it so much. never did i ever see myself ending up like this. i was always so popular and got tons of girls and was always the center of attention. now all i do all day long is search endlessly for a cure that i know ill never find. i have no friends, no social contact at all. i cant take being seen like this, its just not who i am. i dont understand why im even living there is no point for me. why did acne have to affect me?? why cant my life just be like i wanted? i was ready to work day and night for it, but i have no motivation for anything anymore. i never would have imagined i would end up like this.

No advice but just yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Alot of us do. I'm 19 and I've never had a job and I'm not going to college, the years just keep passin by..

you just wrote the story of my life..except instead of ufc...i was in a health medical proffessions class...yeah life is twist and turns...and you never know what is going to give to you....my mom always told me...never rely on life ...because sometimes crazy stuff happens ..o well

when i was younger i always had such big plans for my life. i have always been a perfectionist and wanted the best at everything i did. my dream was to fight in the ufc and i trained everyday for that. appearance was always a huge deal for me. i always had this look that i wanted to fill. i really loved how i looked i would even check myself out in the mirror (lol). but now its all gone. i am left with nothing. i never expected to get acne like this. i dont have dreams anymore, ive given up on everything. i cant even look at myself i just hate it so much. never did i ever see myself ending up like this. i was always so popular and got tons of girls and was always the center of attention. now all i do all day long is search endlessly for a cure that i know ill never find. i have no friends, no social contact at all. i cant take being seen like this, its just not who i am. i dont understand why im even living there is no point for me. why did acne have to affect me?? why cant my life just be like i wanted? i was ready to work day and night for it, but i have no motivation for anything anymore. i never would have imagined i would end up like this.

NOT saying this is the solution for you, but I know a friend who trains in a local fighting center, and hopes to make it to the UFC, and had severe acne. He called it quits and got on accutane, and he is completely clear now. Just throwin it out there, you might want to see a dermatologist to find the solution that is right for you.

Ditto for me, cept the ufc part :P. That is the thing doctors i see dont get and always say, "its not that bad" or "ive seen a lot worse." I dont compare myself to others, i compare myself to how i use to be, clear with no problems at all. Girls dont come to you because of your personality first, its looks first then personality. That is what is the killer, i cant blame them for it either. I myself back in my clear days wouldnt be attracted at first to someone wit acne on their face, until now, since acne has made me not so shallow as i once was, so maybe its karma, idk.

What pisses me off the most is not so much the marks and acne itself, its the fact that when u try everything in the book almost and get no results from it, it just keeps coming back in the same places over and over, time and time again. Skin can never heal because of it and it just makes u feel like a failure. I have accepted it a lot more now than i did before, i guess ive lowered my standards a bit on how i look because it was just wearing me out to fn much, it still does dont get me wrong, but i have become over time more accustomed to it. Ive had it for 2 years, got it when i turned 27. Why the fuk 27? Ill never know, nor will the doctors i always see, they dont even know if its really acne or folliculitus (get it only on chin and around mouth). <Which btw, is the most embarrasing in my opinion>

Along with acne has come other problems like my fn thyroid. Antibiotics seem to start to work, but it makes my fn thryoid go whacko and causes severe panic and anxiety attacks to where i think im dying from heart racing and sever light headedness. Just recently prescribed bactrim but havent started that one yet because waiting to see my thryoid doctor end of this month to see where my levels are now.

It is such a fn long and tedious battle, everything in this world causes acne it seems, searching for cures is almost a complete joke, because everytime you read what worked for one and read more, there is another one saying how bad it was for them and made it worse. So everything is a flip of the coin, except in my case everytime i flip i lose. I cant get that lucky.

Knowing how damn persistant and my acne/folliculitus/blemishes that always seem to form, i think even when i die that my chin and mouth will still erupt in this fn shit, it will never die and go away. :wacko: Ya i know thats crazy for saying that but i def think it. Well rant over for now, thank god for this site! :clap:

Ditto for me, cept the ufc part :P. That is the thing doctors i see dont get and always say, "its not that bad" or "ive seen a lot worse." I dont compare myself to others, i compare myself to how i use to be, clear with no problems at all. Girls dont come to you because of your personality first, its looks first then personality. That is what is the killer, i cant blame them for it either. I myself back in my clear days wouldnt be attracted at first to someone wit acne on their face, until now, since acne has made me not so shallow as i once was, so maybe its karma, idk.

What pisses me off the most is not so much the marks and acne itself, its the fact that when u try everything in the book almost and get no results from it, it just keeps coming back in the same places over and over, time and time again. Skin can never heal because of it and it just makes u feel like a failure. I have accepted it a lot more now than i did before, i guess ive lowered my standards a bit on how i look because it was just wearing me out to fn much, it still does dont get me wrong, but i have become over time more accustomed to it. Ive had it for 2 years, got it when i turned 27. Why the fuk 27? Ill never know, nor will the doctors i always see, they dont even know if its really acne or folliculitus (get it only on chin and around mouth). <Which btw, is the most embarrasing in my opinion>

Along with acne has come other problems like my fn thyroid. Antibiotics seem to start to work, but it makes my fn thryoid go whacko and causes severe panic and anxiety attacks to where i think im dying from heart racing and sever light headedness. Just recently prescribed bactrim but havent started that one yet because waiting to see my thryoid doctor end of this month to see where my levels are now.

It is such a fn long and tedious battle, everything in this world causes acne it seems, searching for cures is almost a complete joke, because everytime you read what worked for one and read more, there is another one saying how bad it was for them and made it worse. So everything is a flip of the coin, except in my case everytime i flip i lose. I cant get that lucky.

Knowing how damn persistant and my acne/folliculitus/blemishes that always seem to form, i think even when i die that my chin and mouth will still erupt in this fn shit, it will never die and go away. :wacko: Ya i know thats crazy for saying that but i def think it. Well rant over for now, thank god for this site! :clap:

wait were you clear on your teen years when did you start breaking out?

I had mild breakouts like my junior year in HS which i think only lasted maybe 4 or 5 months, i cant remember really thats how non existent it really was, but yeah never had a problem until around 27-28 years old. Ever since its been a constant battle. Again though its only on chin and near lower lip line. I know your prolly thinking like all the rest have said before here, "its hormonal" if not sry to judge :P haha. Well all acne is hormonal, but like i stated earlier docs are in a toss up between acne and folliculitus, since my hair on chin is thicker than anywhere else and the link of how antibiotics seem to keep it at bay, but i just cant stay on them.

Me too. I always wanted to look good. Now it's completely impossible. We should both go on Accutane. :)

Ive asked for it twice, and got denied both times. They dont want to give me accutance because to them it isnt that severe being only on chin and near lips. Which is crock, because ive seen a lot of mild ppl on here get accutane, ones that really didnt get inflammed acne at all. So ya i cant get it.

I had mild breakouts like my junior year in HS which i think only lasted maybe 4 or 5 months, i cant remember really thats how non existent it really was, but yeah never had a problem until around 27-28 years old. Ever since its been a constant battle. Again though its only on chin and near lower lip line. I know your prolly thinking like all the rest have said before here, "its hormonal" if not sry to judge :P haha. Well all acne is hormonal, but like i stated earlier docs are in a toss up between acne and folliculitus, since my hair on chin is thicker than anywhere else and the link of how antibiotics seem to keep it at bay, but i just cant stay on them.

oooo that sucks

let me ask you a question...

would you rather had acne back in high school or ...now...

wich one would of you prefered best

oooo that sucks

Well both situations suck regardless, but the majority of teen acne gets cleared thru adult hood so if that would have been the case for me then i would much rather have it then and be clear now for sure.

oooo that sucks

Well both situations suck regardless, but the majority of teen acne gets cleared thru adult hood so if that would have been the case for me then i would much rather have it then and be clear now for sure.

wtf...the docs dont know if is follicitus what ever that is ..or acne?

oooo that sucks

Nope, they just "speculate" here and "speculate" off what treatments i have tried to justify their reason. Its fn annoying and tiresome.

oooo that sucks

Nope, they just "speculate" here and "speculate" off what treatments i have tried to justify their reason. Its fn annoying and tiresome.

i know right dont that piss you off...how they are specialist yet they really dont know more than ...us even in cases sometimes we know more than them

Hi guys,

Misery---- I feel your pain, Im going through the exact same thing. I was clear in high school, then when I turned 20>>> ACNE, UGH>>>>> it really does suck, because I, like alot of you all had big dreams, Im a musician, and its so hard trying to hide acne, with make up, which i hate wearing. I am on the DKR... the benzoyl peroxide is soooo drying, I dont know how long I can keep up with it, it is working but I hate the way my skin feels, it is crazy, and its a hassle. My acne is mild, but very persistent, and sometimes I get a really bad break out... like alot of you mention, I think JayO mentioned.. people always say "its not that bad " or "ive seen worse"... yea thats because its on on their face! no matter what degree, or what kind of acne you have whether it be mild or severe, nobody wants to have zits all over their faces! Im seriously thinking about accutane... Im afraid of it but Im really thinking about it. I think you all shoould to0. because Ive tried everything, even changed my diet, blah blah blah... nothing works!

JayO-- I cant believe they denied you for accutane!!!!!! what!!, Ive seen ppl who have like 2 zits get accutane.. that is not fair. I have to wait unfortunately until sept, if i want to try accutane because Ill be away for the whole summer and then im moving to the UK.... Life really sucks with acne. I want to just give up on everything sometimes. but there is something inside me that just keeps fighting.. I hope you all have the same feeling on that. keep fighting this. before i found this site I felt so alone, nobody around me has acne, just me. and when you try to talk about it, of course they dont understand how you feel. We just have to keep fighting and hope we all find something to help one day :-(

Hi guys,

Misery---- I feel your pain, Im going through the exact same thing. I was clear in high school, then when I turned 20>>> ACNE, UGH>>>>> it really does suck, because I, like alot of you all had big dreams, Im a musician, and its so hard trying to hide acne, with make up, which i hate wearing. I am on the DKR... the benzoyl peroxide is soooo drying, I dont know how long I can keep up with it, it is working but I hate the way my skin feels, it is crazy, and its a hassle. My acne is mild, but very persistent, and sometimes I get a really bad break out... like alot of you mention, I think JayO mentioned.. people always say "its not that bad " or "ive seen worse"... yea thats because its on on their face! no matter what degree, or what kind of acne you have whether it be mild or severe, nobody wants to have zits all over their faces! Im seriously thinking about accutane... Im afraid of it but Im really thinking about it. I think you all shoould to0. because Ive tried everything, even changed my diet, blah blah blah... nothing works!

JayO-- I cant believe they denied you for accutane!!!!!! what!!, Ive seen ppl who have like 2 zits get accutane.. that is not fair. I have to wait unfortunately until sept, if i want to try accutane because Ill be away for the whole summer and then im moving to the UK.... Life really sucks with acne. I want to just give up on everything sometimes. but there is something inside me that just keeps fighting.. I hope you all have the same feeling on that. keep fighting this. before i found this site I felt so alone, nobody around me has acne, just me. and when you try to talk about it, of course they dont understand how you feel. We just have to keep fighting and hope we all find something to help one day :-(

yeah this site has saved my life literly...if it wasnt for this site i would of probably been crying right now and lonely as shit

acnevsme----

yes! me too, before this, I used to get break outs only a little, like one pimple here and there, which is not acne. but now its all over my face. i still do cry sometimes, its really hard to deal with, for me I think the most frustrating part is not being able to find stuff, spending so much money on products... what are you guys using right now?

acnevsme----

yes! me too, before this, I used to get break outs only a little, like one pimple here and there, which is not acne. but now its all over my face. i still do cry sometimes, its really hard to deal with, for me I think the most frustrating part is not being able to find stuff, spending so much money on products... what are you guys using right now?

im on dans regimen wich has givne me good results so far ..iv been on it for a month and 3 weeks im pretty sure ill be completyly clear by 3 months if not im going on accuta.....you

and yeah sometimes i do cry in front of my mom and than she starts crying along with me

acnevsme----

im on dans regimen wich has givne me good results so far ..iv been on it for a month and 3 weeks im pretty sure ill be completyly clear by 3 months if not im going on accuta.....you

and yeah sometimes i do cry in front of my mom and than she starts crying along with me

lol my mom would kick me in the face if i cried

acnevsme----

I cried in front of my mom when i visited her during christmas and we got on the subject about my problem. It felt good and i dont regret it at all, because shes always been there for me and understood me.

acnevsme----

I cried in front of my mom when i visited her during christmas and we got on the subject about my problem. It felt good and i dont regret it at all, because shes always been there for me and understood me.

yeah isnt good to know that at least someone cares..my mom is also the only person that i get suppport from ...shes the only one im not embarrased to talk about my problems//

acnevsme----

why would she kick you>?

acnevsme----

yeah isnt good to know that at least someone cares..my mom is also the only person that i get suppport from ...shes the only one im not embarrased to talk about my problems//

acnevsme----

why would she kick you>?

she would just tell me to live with it and stop complaining and feeling sorry for myself

Acnevsme-- yeah its true your mom doesnt like for you to feel down I understand... well i never cried in front of my mom about it, but thats only cause I live far away from home. but yeah im 3 weeks into the regimen... so hopefully ill be clear one day, i see alot of improvement, im going to stick with it, and hopefull by sept, if im still having bad break outs Ill give accutane a try... I HOPE THE REGIMEN WORKS FOR YOU!!! but I really have a feeling that the bp treatment is going to work out, i know it takes alot of time and patience

Misery----- are you on the DKR?

Acnevsme-- yeah its true your mom doesnt like for you to feel down I understand... well i never cried in front of my mom about it, but thats only cause I live far away from home. but yeah im 3 weeks into the regimen... so hopefully ill be clear one day, i see alot of improvement, im going to stick with it, and hopefull by sept, if im still having bad break outs Ill give accutane a try... I HOPE THE REGIMEN WORKS FOR YOU!!! but I really have a feeling that the bp treatment is going to work out, i know it takes alot of time and patience

Misery----- are you on the DKR?

yeah stick with it for at least 3 moths....thats what im going to do if it doesnt work im going on accutane

I prepared myself ever since I was 17 when I started to get severe acne, that I will be alone for the rest of my life, no friends, die alone, I will never find anyone ever,

years went by turned into, dont need anyone, dont want anyone, dont care about people in general, any sad story I smirk slightly and I shrug who cares?

even more years went by, im numb to everything, oblivious to everything, I just dont care about anyone

im now 30, took accutane a year ago, im cleared but have lots of small scars and faded red marks...

numbness is all i can feel