Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LovePlastic

Body Acne or Fulliculitus?

Hi I've suffered from body acne for a Looong time. Especially on my back and chest and recently a little on my butt and hips. I recently learned about this skin condition called fulliculitis. It involves inflammation of the hair follicle and I think I might have this.

Ok, this next part is sick but I NEED to explain if I want answers:

About 3 years ago I got tired of my "acne" and started popping as much as possible and noticed that EVERY bump I popped came with a loose hair. Like a hair that was trapped under my skin and created the irritation. Sometimes up to three tiny hairs would surface from a single "pimple".

I can't find any info online.

So my question is, do I have fulliculitis or good ol' fashioned acne??

Thank You in advance!!!

P.S. I used to have lots of facial acne and it has DRASTICALLY slowed down, but my body "acne" continues as usual. Which encourages me even more to think that I have Fulliculitis.

Edited by LovePlastic

could be... could just be folliclitus barbea where the hair is just ingrowing and thus causing a spot.

if the spots are itchy and spread a lot then could be fungal.

really you need to see a derm and get a byopsy done. they need to check the type of bacteria in the spot. there are something silly like 8 different bacteria the folliculitus could be. and treatment needs to be for the correct type or could get worse.. :(

i used BHA on my body spots (folliculitus) and its pretty much died off now :dance:

Edited by want2beme

could be... could just be folliclitus barbea where the hair is just ingrowing and thus causing a spot.

really you need to see a derm and get a byopsy done. they need to check the type of bacteria in the spot. there are something silly like 8 different bacteria the folliculitus could be. and treatment needs to be for the correct type or could get worse.. :(

i used BHA on my body spots (folliculitus) and its pretty much died off now :dance:

Hmmm. They itch sometimes and sometimes even hurt! Does acne not itch at all??

Do you think fulliculitis is easier to heal than acne?? If so, then I sure hope I have Fulliculitis instead!!

Thanks for any responses.

Keep an affected area clean. If possible take a bath for 2/3 times in a day. Apply a simple talcum powder on an affected area.

Hmmm. They itch sometimes and sometimes even hurt! Does acne not itch at all??

Do you think fulliculitis is easier to heal than acne?? If so, then I sure hope I have Fulliculitis instead!!

Thanks for any responses.

acne i dont think itches? well mine dosnt! can hurt though..

both are hard to cure, folliculitus is probably easier to cure though bud. You just got to know WHAT your dealing with, which is half the battle

It sounds a lot like folliculitis to me, especially the butt/hips part. Don't hear of too many people getting genuine acne there? Right now I'm trying white distilled vinegar for my (more or less self-diagnosed) folliculitis.